Friday, August 12, 2022

Pre-Fall Wardrobe Staples

We are in that weird 'in-between period' when it comes to clothes. It's still very much summer and I don't know about you all, but I'm still wearing my lightweight sundresses and likely will until mid-September because it's just hot

But August is when all of the summer items start to go on sale and we get glimpses of new fall arrivals from our favorite brands/websites! September-December is my favorite time in terms of clothing and putting outfits together so while I don't want to rush this time away, I'm also just so excited! 

I figured I would share a handful of great items for this transition period that I personally have in my closet and wear all of the time. While they are transitional for this time of year, I'd also say many of these pieces could also be considered seasonless.

I have this button down in both white and blue and I absolutely love it. It's oversized and I like to wear it both out and tucked in. It's such a classic and beyond comfortable. It looks great with shorts, skirts, jeans, etc. Wear now tied up at the waist with shorts and in the fall like I have it styled above. Add a vest or sweater over top in the winter months!

This is one of my favorite pairs of jeans. They are under $100. They have very little stretch so go up one size for a roomier/more comfortable fit. I love how polished they are. There are no rips or embellishments, they are just a classic dark wash pair of jeans. They are called 'skinny' but I would say they are more of a straight cut! 

I think a cashmere tee is way to hot for 80+ but it's the perfect layering piece when the temperatures dip below 80. I wear it as you see above with white jeans in September and then add flats and a sweater as the temperatures start to cool. I love these cashmere tees- they are SO well made and so incredibly soft. The fit is relaxed and drapes in an elegant way. I am wearing a size small. It's meant to fit very roomy/oversized. 


I think I am going to take this dress with me on our trip at the end of this month! It's the most versatile dress and I've worn it so much over the years. It is the perfect thing to wear now with sandals or snakers but as we get into the fall, you can add a turtleneck underneath, wear it with boots, add a vest on top, etc. I love it paired with sneakers for a casual look.


This top is one of my favorites. I have it both in this pretty sand beige color and black. It is so comfortable and doesn't wrinkle. It runs roomy, I am wearing a size small. I love that it has the texture of suede but is much lighterweight than actual suede. Wear it now with white jeans and then pair it with jeans as we move into fall. This sand beige color also looks so good when paired with darker browns in the fall! 

This is such an 'easy' dress to wear. You can just toss it on and you look polished. It runs true to size. It's the same fabric as the faux suede top! It's soooo soft and I love the slight collar around the neckline. I probably wouldn't wear this one until after Labor Day, but once September hits, this is one of my go-to's. It looks fantastic with high brown boots, too. I also love it paired with a woodsy plaid scarf/wrap as we move into later fall and even a faux fur vest/jacket.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I seriously love every one of these outfits!!! I have the same bone suede Easton top from Tuckernuck and it's hard not to wear it CONSTANTLY because it's just so perfect -- for church, work, date night, girls' night... you name it! I have such mixed emotions about fall, mostly because it doesn't get to be fall temperatures until the middle of November here in Charleston so it's like we skip the season when the peak hype hits. But love transitional fashion since it really helps feel more festive when it's hot!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure