Sunday, July 19, 2009

To Vera or not to Vera?

So I've been a fan of Vera Bradley for a long time. The first bag I ever got was a big tote my freshman year in high school. I have many patterns and really think that they are good quality bags. I've never bought a VB purse (I think they look like they're for old women, no offense to old women or those who like VB purses!) but I do have totes and wallets galore. The real question is: Should I buy another one. I feel as if VB has lost its pizazz, I don't really know how else to describe it. Being on vacation, a friend pVe, has the Botanica print, which I am absolutely in love with, it's so colorful, but the base color is black, so it won't look that worn when it does wear out. I want to buy this off of ebay:It is the Vera Bradley Large Backpack in Botanica. The print is very old, and retired but I absolutely love it. I have never purchased anything on ebay before, but it's never too late to start! I can't find it anywhere else, so that's really the reason. The price (buy it now) is around $50, which is almost half off of the normal Large VB Backpack price. The only time I would ever use this backpack is for going to class, and toting my books (which obviously that is what a backpack is for.) I honestly haven't used a backpack since middle school. Once I hit highschool, I was a tote bag girl all the way. I've blogged about getting a nice coach messenger bag from my parents that I will want to use quite often but of course, not in the rain, or in threatening weather! I've also blogged about definitely getting the Vineyard Vines tote bag with the Steelers pattern they are coming out with this September. I know I will use this as my rainy weather bag, my football sunday bag, and and the August September months because the coach bag is more of a fall/winter bag. So I have two trusty brand new bags that I've already spent a pretty penny on, not to mention the bags I already have (Lilly tote, many L.L. Bean totes, Brooks Brother tote, RL tote, etc.)

So pretty much, what I am saying is that I in no way need a new bag. Do I want this backpack, YES! But the level headedness I am trying to have with myself is saying that I don't need to spend $50, and just have it take up space in my little dorm room. But my personality, and bag lover-self is saying, "get the bag, it is so cute, and for $50 you can't beat it!" And the fact that you can use it any season, and it has so many pockets makes it seem so worth it!

What would you do? I really can't decide, it is a great bag. Is VB getting old? Does anyone else have a VB backpack and can give me feedback on how they like theirs? Should I buy a retired fabric? I would love to hear your feedback!!

Yours,
sCe

10 comments:

Ashley said...

I actually have that print in a totebag. It is really cute and I love carrying it, although I haven't carried any VB in awhile! I feel like it was the "hit" for awhile and I don't see a lot of it these days. BUT, if you love the print, why not?!?! A girl can never have too many purses! And esp. if you can get it at a good price, why not?!

Anonymous said...

i have a VB bookbag that I use sometimes for school and it also comes in handy for trips or overnights. I didn't use a bookbag in high school either, definitely a tote girl like you but I got it for a graduation present and it definitely comes in handy. I think it retails for about $90 so it is definitely a good deal. Botanica is one of those prints that doesn't go out of style so buying this retired print would be a good choice! If you don't get this, look into a Longchamp tote. Their very durable, cute bags that I use also for class and they come in so many colors! hope this helps!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

I have purchased all my vera on ebay. Mainly because it is a retired pattern. I have that backpack too. Mine is in the Black Microfiber. I just love it. I actually have the big backpack and the smaller one.

I say go for it. Just email the seller to ask it's condition. I always buy New with Tags.

Good luck!!!

Stacie said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, sorry it took so long to get back to you! I picked up the black shirt at Express but it was on sale a while ago so I'm not sure if they still have them or not. Thanks though!

Gracie Beth said...

I just bought two longchamp totes off eBay and love them, you might want to check them out as well.

Anonymous said...

I do love Vera, and they have such cute things. However, I have to admit... the latest item I purchased from them is a wallet, and fast forward like 4 months and I am beyond sick of the print and everything about it. All I can say is that the backpack is very cute. But I always try to opt for more classic and simple items when it comes to something I'll be using frequently. But don't get me wrong, if you do end up getting it, it is very cute!

Anonymous said...

Also, just like Gracie Beth said, Longchamp totes are perfect. I bought a big black one with brown trim and handles and I used it for nearly two years for school and never once got tired of it.

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

I'm not a fan of Vera or backpacks, so I vote Nay.

Anonymous said...

I still have two vera duffel bags from college that I don't use very much, but I love their cosmetic/makeup cases. I'd be a bit concerned with how the straps would wear on the backpack, because I had a vera tote where the straps wore down to foam and bits of thread. It was such a sad day.

The print is quite cute though!

Lyryn said...

Vera is very nice! I especially like their new colors and patterns this year! By far their best product is their baby bags though! My mom has one and it’s the only designer she will ware!

My suggestion… Vera is great and all… but try other ones too!!! The new L.L. Bean totes, AWSOME!!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure