First I have to tell you that My Way is holding the best giveaway! It's the jacket that Bella wore in Twilight! What a great giveaway, stop over to her blog and check it out.
I finally decided to do a make up post. I don't really wear a lot of make up daily, usually just some cover-up, powder, mascara, and blush.. but when I get dressed up or want to look extra good, I wear it all! So here is what I love, and I'll also tell you what I've tried that I don't love...
From left to right..
1. Almay clear complexion concealer. Best concealer, plus it has 1.0% Salicylic acid to help your blemishes/pimples go away! (also never leaves my skin dry or flaky)
2. Covergirl lash blast. I have tried all, different mascaras such as Diorshow, Chanel, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Clinique, and other drugstore brands. This is by far the best mascara.
3. Lash Blast Luxe. It's the same thing as #2 but has shimmer to it. (I am currently using this mascara until i run out, but it doesn't really have any shimmer, so I'll be sticking to #2.)
4. Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew anti-puff eye roller. I got it free at school for winning some contest, It feels cool under my eyes when I'm really tired in the early morning, but I'm not quite sure it actually works...
5. Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara, I got this as a free gift a couple weeks ago, and I love it. I think I'll buy a tube of it, and alternate between #2 and this.
6. Estee Lauder Pure Color #183 Sugar Honey. Love it. I also got this as a free gift, and it is the best color, I rarely ever wear lipstick, usually just gloss, but this stuff is so pretty and feels great on my lips. when I run out, I'll definitely be buying a tube.
7. Mac Sheertone Blush in Hushabye. Great blush because it lasts so long. The one pictured is brand new, but I'm still using one that's 2 years old that hasn't run out yet because the color is so concentrated and you only need a little sweep on your cheeks to give you some color! I reccomend this blush for all skin tones, becuase you can control the color.
8. Nars Blush in Orgasm. This gives you the perfect flush with a little bit of shimmer. I prefer it in the summer.
9. Glo Minerals gloLoose basein natural-dark. I have tried tons of powders, bronzers, shimmer dust, and foundation. This is the best I have ever used. Better than Bare Minerals. My best friends dad is a plastic surgeon and he sells this at his office, my bff has always used it and turned me on to it, it's really good for your skin, and talc-free. Bff's dad sells it to his patients. I will never use any other powder again!
10. L'Oreal Wear Infinite eyeshadow in 910 Pure Silver Rich. Very pigmented, only need a little, great for everyday wear.
11. Mac eyeshadow in Family Silver. Great color combo, great to put on the top near the brows, I mostly use it as a highlighting eyeshadow.
12. Sephora eyeshadow in Pearl No. 14. I bought this a while ago, I love all of the Sephora eyeshadows, this particular one shown is one of my favorites, I usually wear it when i wear a lot of shadow becuase it gives off a little shimmer and is very pigmented.
Here are my brushes..
1. Clinique powder brush. Expensive, but not really worth it. I use it for GloMinerals. I wouldn't reccomend it becuase it's expensive and just does it's job, nothing special about it.
2,3,4,5,6. All came with the Vera Bradley Brush roll. I don't use them much, although they are high-quality brushes.
7. Sephora Liner Electro in 02 Metal Electro. I use this in the corners of my eyes for dressy events to give them a pop.
8. Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus in Black Onyx. I only wear eyeliner when I'm dressed up. I love this becuase it's easy to take off (just a damp cloth will do the trick) and it never needs sharpening, and it goes on very smooth.
9. Estee Lauder Artist's eye pencil in softsmudge black. I love this for smokey eyes, smudges well, and also just comes off with a damp cloth. I'm almost out! I will definitely buy another pencil!
10. Tweezerman Tweezers. Best tweezers ever. I've never gotten an eye brow wax, these do there job 100%.
Now for the rejects...
Top to bottom, left to right.
1. Covergirl TruBlend Blush in Shimmering Sands. Makes you so glittery, you'll feel like you are 14 again.
2. Physicians Formula blush. too powdery, all of the colors that PF offers just don't seem to look right on me.
2. Maybeline Mineral Power Finishing veil bronzing powder. It makes you look like your make up is caked on.
3. Physicians Formula loose powder. Too light of a color for me, the brush isn't good quality at all, making application very hard.
4. Revlon 3D extreme mascara. Too thick, the applicator is very odd.
5. Estee Lauder more than mascara. It's average, there are better drug store mascaras out there, there is no point spending the money.
6. Too Faced Lash Injection. The applicator is ok, but the mascara itself doesn't make your lashes look any longer or plumper. It's not worth the price tag, and it dries up faster than other mascaras.
7. Maybeline Define-A-Lash. The applicator is too flexible and the black shade, seems gray-ish.
8. Great Lash Mascara. I used to use this all of the time freshman and sophmore year in highschool. I really loved it, but then I found chanel, and then it was sephora, and now it's covergirl lash blast.
9.Sephora compact foundation. I bought it to use as a powder, but as the name suggests, it really is a foundation. It is way too heavy to wear and when applied, makes you look like you used too much foundation. yuck.
Sorry I got into it, and wrote a novel. I hope you enjoyed this post! Have a great day!