So recently I have received many e-mails from my lovely readers about how I do my hair to make it curly so I have decided to do a post on how to get curls like me!Those are the example of all of the different curls I do. I don't use curlers, I use usually a 1" or a 1.5" curling iron when curling my hair. I use the cheap curling irons that you can get from Target that are Conair or Revlon because my hair can hold a curl relatively well. If your hair doesn't hold a curl too well, I suggest getting a good quality curling iron, even something like Hot Tools would be best. So here are the steps I use to get party ready curls! (note: I have very thick hair so it usually takes me about 30 minutes curl my hair).
1. I know most hairstylists recommend to curl your hair when it is not freshly washed, however, I think it's best to first wash and condition your hair, brush it out wet, and then blow dry until completely dry.
2. Once your hair is dry, separate the top 50% of your hair from the bottom. I usually use a plastic clip and just put my hair in a ball on the top of my head.
3. Then separate the bottom half of your hair into two sides and start on one side by taking about 1 inch sections and curling them each. The more hair that is put into each curl, the less curly your hair will look or stay because the heavier the curl, the more likely it is to fall out. I try to make my curls tight at the beginning so they have time to fall out.
4. Once the bottom 50% is curled, I let the top 50% loose and do the same as I did to the bottom.
5. After my hair is entirely curled, I go over my hair with Aussie Sprunch Catch the Wave Hair Spray (flexible hold)
6. Then I shake my head out so the curls get a more "full look"
Do you have any great hair tips? I'd love to know them! Curling your hair is perfect for a night out, or perfect for a presentation or special day! Have an amazing day!