Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kelley Proxmire

I love love love interior design. I think my love for it was established in 2005 when I spend 5 days at the Greenbrier resort in West Virginia. I was only 15 at the time and absolutely amazed how so many colors, fabrics, and lighting could combine in so many different ways making every room unique and elegant without looking a bit tacky! I receive Architectural Digest in the mail and I spend countless hours perusing the pages and finding things I love. I even keep a folder with magazine clippings so when I am ready to decorate all of the rooms in my home that I can keep my ideas in order.
While perusing the internet in the interior design category, I came across an incredible interior designer. She is Kelley Proxmire. The way she adds a punch of color to any room is just amazing and if I could hire her to do my whole house, I wouldn't hesitate for a second. She is known for doing show houses; and from reading her profile, she started loving interior design as a child! You must head on over to her website and check out all of her designs; you are sure to find one that you love! Here are some of my favorites (pictures taken from her website):Here is a Rhode Island summer home that she designed. Her big color that she uses here is yellow but adds different shades of greens and pink to the mix. I am in LOVE with this house. It is probably my favorite one. You must click here to check out the rest of the home!
This is a master bedroom in NYC. I have to admit I wholeheartedly dislike the color brown, and try to avoid it if at all possible. In this room, I LOVE her use of brown. I would never think to paint my walls a deep brown shade, but she pulls it off with the peachy color on the best and in the fabrics. I also think the gold accents in the picture frame add a vintage-y feel, but also make it feel even more luxurious. I also feel as though these designs are not too impossible to achieve on your own. She only uses several colors which I think would make it easy to tie everything together.
I for some reason cannot get a picture of this simply amazing decorating but click here to view it. It is of a residence in Severn River, MD. My absolute favorite is the nautical themed/monogrammed bedroom!!!She once again does a dark wall! I would be very hesitant before I painted my walls such a dark shade but this room is FABULOUS! The clean lines work so well with the contrasting colors. I also love the three pictures she has in the corner of the room; no detail is left unnoticed! In other pictures of this room, there is a hidden TV inside of the bed posts!
Have you seen any of her other designs or have heard of Kelley Proxmire? Her work is my new obsession! Later this month I will be highlighting even more of my favorite interior designers and their designs! Please share your favorite interior designer and your favorite colors to work with for a room!

6 comments:

Pink Champagne said...

OMG I absolutely LOVE interior design and this site! (I actually just sent the link to Fiancé for ideas of decorating our newlywed home.) What a fabulous find!

mFw said...

Love the first picture!

Sarah Wyland said...

Oh my! I love these rooms! Miss Proxmire, would you like to come design my future apartment? :)

A Wedding Story said...

I LOVE I.D., majored in it in college, but found that major "mean girls" run the firms. I love the Schumacher designer fabrics. They are gorgeous!! I also love Kelly Wearstler!

Amanda said...

I absolutely love the first home that you posted! It is stunning!

The Redhead and her Pooch Lola said...

Our blogs should be cousins! They look so much alike! I love those interior design pictures, she is very talented! So glad to stumble upon your blog!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure