Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

I think in any home mirrors are a great way to dress up your space. Mirrors actually make the room appear bigger, and they are also a great alternative from other forms of wall art. My grandparents own a large convex eagle regency mirror(the above picture was found through google images and is similar to my grandparents mirror). Ever since I was a child I have admired that mirror. The mirror is so intricate. Each raised circle around the mirror is supposed to represent the 13 original colonies. After doing a bit of research, this mirror is a federalist style and was first designed around the late 1700's through the early 1800's. I was reminded of my love for intricate and interesting mirrors when I was at the Omni hotel in Charlotte this past weekend. They had beautiful mirrors all around the hotel. Here are a few I've found on several home websites that I just love!Pottery Barn Hoffman Mirror

Pottery Barn Isabelle Mirror


Potter Barn Teen Mirrored Wall Letters-- I love love love this Idea for a powder room. You could hang your last initial behind the commode for an elegant and personalized touch. I also think these lettered mirrors would work so well in a newborn's nursery!

Do you have any amazing mirrors in your home that you are just in love with? I'd love to know! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love Pottery Barn Isabelle mirror!!

Pink Champagne said...

I adore old antique mirrors adn can't wait to incorporate some in my home decorating. Loving the idea of a mirrored letter in my wardrobing room!

College Belle said...

I gave you an award!! Have a good day!

Kate said...

I just love the look of the mirror letters!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure