Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Parents are a Blessing

"You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith because you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you love me"

I think when you are young, you don't fully appreciate your parents. Ever since I went to college, I have realized that I have the most amazing parents in the entire world. I am such a lucky and blessed girl to live the life that I do and it is all because of my parents. They have supported me through absolutely everything. I am proud of who I am today and it is all because of them. I have achieved so many accomplishments in my life, and none of them would have been possible without the help from my parents. They encourage me to be the best I can be. They teach me right from wrong, and teach me how to be a classy, mature, responsible, smart woman. They are the reason I am able to attend college and be in an amazing sorority. I would be nothing without them. So this post is dedicated to my role models: my parents. So mom and dad if you are reading this, thank you for all that you have done, I love you very much.

6 comments:

mFw said...

Such a sweet and true post! I am realizing the same thing!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I agree with you, we don't really appreciate our parents until we truly start becoming adults ourselves. It sounds like you're as fortunate as me in being blessed with amazing parents. There is nothing better than knowing that mom and daddy are always there for you. This was such a sweet post, and I am sure they're so proud to have a sweet daughter like you!! xoxo!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute! I hope you have a good day!

Sandra said...

How sweet!! This post will make your mom and dad's day, no year!! xoxo

A Wedding Story said...

Sweet. I don't know what I would do without mine either. I shudder at the thought!

Stacie said...

Great post! I've been realizing the same thing more and more throughout the last few years too :-)

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure