Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Favorites

Since it is finally October, I thought it would be a perfect time to share with you my fall 2010 favorites! I have so many favorites that it's hard to pick and choose but here are my top must haves:
Dark nail polish. I recently tried Urban Outfitters nail polish and it is just perfect. I tried the Purple 1 color and it's a nice deep, dark plum, perfect for fall and surprisingly doesn't look too purple, it's more of a Cabernet or Merlot color (this BlackBerry picture makes the color look brown, but it's definitely a deep plum).


Brown leather boots. I just put my order in for these exact boots on Sunday, so I cannot wait to get them in the mail and try them out. A friend recommended this brand (Madden Girl by Steve Madden) for an inexpensive pair of "western influenced" boots. My family is going to laugh at me while reading this because my freshman year of college, I swore to my parents that I was not going to own "cowboy" boots... well three years later and look how that's changed! They are so versatile and a much more put together option than Ugg boots. I like to think of Ugg boots as an alternative to slippers. They can be worn to the library or a casual Sunday, or around your house, but other than that, I think they dress down an outfit a lot. I also have a pair of black riding boots that I absolutely love and I am on the lookout for a very good quality pair of brown leather riding boots so suggestions are more than welcome! These are currently my number one choice for brown riding boots but I am also going to look at Lands End and L.L. Bean.
Philosophy Pumpkin Spice Muffin Lipgloss.If you follow me on Twitter this is probably overkill by now, but this is the best lip gloss. I am obsessed with pumpkin anything and this has just the right amount of flavor and scent and the caramel apple flavor adds a nice touch of sheer color. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and it would make such a fun little Halloween gift for someone!
Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Therapy Lotion. This is hands down the best hand lotion ever. I have had it in the Rosewood, Lavender, La Source, and Summer Hill scents and I love them all. I would have to say that the Lavender or the La Source are my favorites. I like to put this on right before bed and when I wake up in the morning. So perfect for the fall and winter months when hands get dry!
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is THIS month!All month long my sorority works so hard putting on events to raise money for BCA. It's really near and dear to my heart. If you would like more information, there is a tab at the top that says "Philanthropy" and you can learn all about it by clicking the tab!

Other favorites that almost made the list are:
-Duck Boots
-Patagonia Vests (also known as Fratagonia... love the play on words)
-Gold Jewelry
-Pearls, pearls, and more pearls
-Croakies and Koozies (some of my sorority sisters and I have deemed these a necessary part of a college girl's accessories!)

What are your current fall favorites? I'd love to know! Have a fabulous Tuesday! Don't forge to enter my Coast and Canter giveaway! It ends this Sunday and you don't want to miss out!
Yours,
sCe

5 comments:

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

I adore Philosophy. Also, love your ring in that top picture!

Sara Elizabeth said...

Love all of your favorites! Koozies and Croakies are definitely a staple for every season!

Miss Southern Prep said...

I love that lip gloss!

Leslie said...

I love all of your favorites!

Kate said...

Nothing says fall like riding boots!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure