For the ski buff:
I am a huge skier; I wish I could go more often than I do, but a little thing called school can sometimes be a hindrance. If he loves skiing:
- A nice ski jacket. I have had Spyder jackets for years and I love them. They can be pretty pricey (somewhere upwards of $200) but they are so perfect for skiing and come in really fun colors.
- If the jacket isn't in your budget, go with more friendly options such as gloves, hats, and goggles. Patagonia makes great skiing accessories but L.L. Bean is just as great!
- As for goggles, they are pricey, but again, he will be thanking you when he hits the slopes. My favorites are Oakley, Scott, Bolle, Smith, Anon, and Giro. You can get a pair for as inexpensive as $50, but if you are taking the goggle route, I would go for the ones that range from $100-$150 because they have the best fit and lens options.
- A boot bag, ski duffel, or backpack is another great idea, and you can get one starting at around $50. To add a little more personalization and to make it special, you can have it monogrammed, that way he can always tell his bag apart!
For the Sportsman or Outdoorsman:
- If he loves to fish go with Costa Del Mar sunglasses or a Columbia PFG shirt
- A backpack and LL Bean boots are great for any type of outdoor activity
- Vineyard Vines swimsuit for a guy that loves to travel, surf, wake-board, water-ski, etc.
- Croakies and a good waterbottle are always a safe bet
- Keep him warm and dry with a Patagonia TSnap fleece or rain jacket
- Get him a bag to hold his sports equipment. If he loves lacrosse, get him a bag that holds his stick, if he loves hockey, get him one that will hold his skates.
- A pocket knife. He probably already has a dozen, but if he doesn't, this is a great idea.
- Think hi ball glasses, monogrammed, shot glasses, bottle openers, ice buckets
- If that doesn't work, a bottle of his favorite drink and a flask will do the trick.
In my opinion, anything listed above is fair game. You can never have too many of any of these things.
- A watch, go for a brand that isn't too over the top such as Citizen or Invicta.
- Beats by Dr. Dre head phones or a new ipod touch mini for the music lover
- Any type of needlepoint accessory. Classic.
- Bow tie and cummerbund because you can never have too many formal wear options.
- Kiehls shaving products, Cologne
- Quality wallet, monogrammed cufflinks, hats
Now the real question is, what is he going to get you?! Have a fabulous day!