Since I've been in college, with all of the sorority and fraternity functions I have been to I could probably write a book on them! After going through all of my college pictures, it definitely goes to show that I owe a BIG thank you to my parents for all of these pretty dresses that I was able to wear! With sorority and fraternity formals just around the corner, and wedding season almost in full swing, I thought it'd be fun to share a great playlist for any date type function to assure maximum dancing because to me, that is what is the best part!!
For our sorority formal we always get a great motown band; they are SO fun and we have a blast on the dance floor! However, when the band takes a break it is always good to have a playlist on hand so the dancing continues! Another idea is that a lot of weddings and formals have DJs so it's a good idea to give the DJ a list of must play songs to make sure everyone is having a blast. Another tip is to mention to the DJ or band if there are any songs that shouldn't be played. For example, one time at my country club, I was attending our annual swim team banquet and the DJ played a song that was semi inappropriate.One of the fathers had to go up to the DJ and explain to him that the song needed to change immediately. To avoid this, let the DJ or band know if there is to be absolutely no inappropriateness or profanity. Here are my go to songs!
- Shout- Little Richard (guaranteed to get even the worst dancers on their feet!)
- September- Earth, Wind & Fire (a personal favorite)
- Wagon Wheel- Old Crow Medicine Show (a must have if you're in the south)
- Higher Love- Steve Winwood (another personal favorite)
- Anything Michael Jackson (A few of my favorites include Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough and P.Y.T.)
- Friends in Low Places- Garth Brooks (another good one if you're in the south.. we ALWAYS play this and everyone sings along!)
- Atlantic City- The Band (Bruce Springsteen does this too but I think The Band does it best)
- Celebration- Kool & the Gang (GREAT for weddings)
- Forget You- Cee Lo (a new one but a great one!)
- Firework- Katy Perry (another fun pop one!)
- Give It Up, Keep It Coming Love- KC and the Sunshine Band (both are SO perfect)
- Rich Girl- Hall & Oates (my sorority sisters and I love to belt this one out when it comes on!)
- Uptight- Stevie Wonder (the motown band always plays this one and it is really easy to dance to)
- Sussudio, Something Happened on the Way To Heaven- Phil Collins (my sorority sisters and I LOVE Phil Collins)
- But It's Alright- Huey Lewis and the News (another feel good tune)
- You Can Call me Al- Paul Simon (Paul Simon is another favorite of mine!)
What are your go to songs to dance to? I'm always looking for great songs to add to my playlist!I can't wait to upload my pictures from Key West and share them with you! I had such a fun time and cannot believe it's still cold in Virginia, it was such a funny feeling putting on pants and boots today instead of the sandals I've been wearing for the past week! Have a fabulous day!