Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fall Essentials Part 7: The Duck Boot



Another Bean product added to the fall essentials list. This time, it's the L.L. Bean boot. These are a classic boot that will get you through fall rains, winter snow, and those pesky April showers. They are rugged but have a touch of sophistication about them. I love love love that they're unisex too! It's funny to see guys and girls wearing the exact same footwear on campus. I lost my Bean mocs too! They are a little more feminine and better for fall and spring because they aren't too hot!

 Another great option for rain is the Hunter rain boot. I'm not a rain boot kind of girl. I tried to get into them freshman year and it just never worked for me. These are really popular on many college campuses. Something that I love about them is that there are so many fun liners that you can add to them. I still definitely only stick to my Bean boots and never diverge. But whatever works for you-- most importantly is that your feet stay warm and dry! Which do you prefer? The Bean boot or the Hunter wellie?
Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bean Boots are awesome! They've been a preppy staple ever since I was in middle school in the early 80s. They go with everything. The unisex aspect is likewise appealing. Indeed, that's one of the great things about preppy style in general.

Individually Unique; Together Complete said...

I am loving your Fall Essentials blog posts :] such perfect ideas for the fall....especially the duck boots! Hope you have a wonderful week.

Portuguese Prepster said...

I prefer my Hunters! It monsoons at my school and they keep me nice and dry. They are a bit heavy though.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I'm going to have to say I'd still go with the Hunter wellies though, but ONLY because for years when I was little I made fun of my mom's duck boots, and now I can't bring myself to admit to her I actually like them and could use a pair!!

Unknown said...

Rain boots are definitely necessary for walking around campus- and I'm loving the duck boot look!

Peyton @ When All Else Fails Smile said...

Huge fan of Bean boots and Hunter boots!

j.mosby said...

Darling, my I make an additional fall must have Chameau brand wellington boots! tres chic

Legally Brunette Kate said...

I have hunter boots (the shorter ones you posted), but I'm planning on getting a pair of bean boots for slushy winter weather. Great post!

legallybrunettekate.blogspot.com

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

My feet are too small for Bean Boots...how embarrassing! haha

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I'll be pulling my duck boots out today to brave Irene, hehe!

Anonymous said...

I agree the Bean boots are commonly worn, but I rarely see folks wearing the higher 6" tops (as pictured in this blog).

The version that is most commonly worn in my part of the world is what LL Bean calls a "Gumshoe". They tolerate higher water (or snow) than the short version ("Rubber Moc"or "Skimmer"), but are MUCH more comfortable than the taller versions (6" or 8"). As with porridge, the middle way is best.

-- TJ

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure