Monday, August 1, 2011

Packing Your Jewels: Gemvelopes


First off, Happy August! I'm back from vacation and already I'm wishing I was laying down at the dock right by the water. But back to real life for me! I can't wait to share pictures as soon as I get them all uploaded! I have to tell you all about Gemvelopes. To say the least, I'm obsessed.
I have the Pink Nylon and the Green Leopard. They are the perfect sized pouch to throw in your handbag or tote or even car and this past week, I packed it right in one of my Bean totes to travel my jewelry down to Georgia with me!
To give you an idea on size, the pouch to the right is from J. Crew and it fits my camera so you can see that these pouches are pretty petite.
The best thing about them is that they're so small but they fit so much. They open up into a flower-ish shaped design and it has a zippered pocket, a snap closure longer piece of fabric for rings or necklaces or even bracelets, and then it has a cushion that I like to use for earrings or my watches.
I took the Pink Nylon one because that seemed to be a little more stain resistant (I thought it might make it's way down by the water so I didn't want to ruin the green leopard one which is cloth). The little pouch held all of the above jewelry for me. On the website, they show the little cushion monogrammed which I think is absolutely adorable-- or I'm thinking I'm going to take mine to the monogrammer and have it monogrammed on the outside. I think this would make the perfect gift for a birthday... Even better? At $25-$45, for an anniversary or for your bridesmaids you can add a piece of jewelry inside for an added surprise. I think it'd be fun to get them in your wedding colors and have them monogrammed for each bridesmaid and then add some pretty pearls to the inside.
I did a little research on Gemvelopes and these little "gems" have been featured in Southern Living, Self and on the cover of Greenwich Magazine... It's not wonder they are so popular. I totally recommend this! I put my Vera Bradley pouches to rest and these are the new and improved! How do you travel with your jewelry? Do you have a Gemvelope?
For all of those who have e-mailed me, asked me questions on Tumblr, etc. I am just now getting caught up so be patient with me! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

11 comments:

Emily said...

I have a Vera Bradley jewelry case that unfolds and has little zippered pockets for all my jewelry, I love it and it makes everything really easy to see and keeps it safe. This looks interesting too though! Glad you had fun on vacation and I don't blame you at all for wishing you were still there! Have a great week :)

XO Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

Portuguese Prepster said...

these are so adorable and handy-I will have to look into getting one!

Carolina On My Mind said...

I usually use a jewelry roll that I found at Marshalls, but I'm loving the idea of the Gemvelopes! I am most definitely looking into this!

sSe said...

hmmm, I've never heard of this company before, but the "gemvelopes" seem like such an ingenious idea!

living well said...

These are so cute!

Cigar Heiress said...

Very cute...I love these!

The Aly Way said...

those are amazing! great find!

Anonymous said...

The Expedition , VE twenty five and Mountain twenty five are [URL=http://www.northfacejacketsforsale.net/#1119]links[/URL] created for significant wind resistance. Their particular options involve most of the Himalayan attributes this type of as double doors together with double vestibules (for the Mountain , a front vestibule), internally adjustable zippered [URL=http://www.northfacejacketsforsale.net/#928]north face pro deal[/URL] with mesh screens, echoing guyline loops, inner pockets, etc.

Anonymous said...

Great info. Lucky me I found your website by chance (stumbleupon).
I have book marked it for later!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I've just been searching for info approximately this subject for a while and yours is the greatest I have
came upon till now. However, what concerning the bottom line?
Are you certain concerning the source?

Anonymous said...

Admiring the time and energy you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.
It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed material.

Great read! I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google
account.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure