Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dear Graduation Fairy...

Happy May!! So, I happen to be graduating... Have I mentioned that recently?! Anyways, I thought instead of doing a graduation gift guide, I'd do a list of what I'd like to receive for graduation.
I love this print and have yet to own a Murfee so it is about time!


This is another closet staple that I don't own. It definitely needs to get into my wardrobe. Plus, I just love how BAH of Panache monogrammed hers! What a perfect idea. Question about these: Should I get a small or medium? I've never even tried one on and can't decide if I want it fitted or roomy-- how do you wear yours? Most of my half zip fleeces I like roomy.
Le sigh.  I know I would break this within days of wearing it... But it's so pretty.
MacBook Pro... 13" or 15" or 17"?!
This is not even a want at this point, it's a need. I won't even bring up "the computer that shall not be named", cough DELL cough, because it is ready to bite-the-dust. Finally. I've Tweeted/blogged/etc. about how much I hate my Dell. It literally is the worst computer I've ever owned. But still, I consider myself lucky and am thankful to have a computer (thanks Mom and Dad!). I'm ready for the Mac world. The only thing is I am wondering which size I should get; 13", 15", or 17"? I am leaning towards the 15" because I feel that the 17" will be too large to fit in some of my tote bags and then the 13" will be a little smaller than I'd like. Feel free to weigh-in under the comments!

I'm a big girl now! No, not the pull-ups commercial, but really, after my disastrous experience with Gallery Leather, I think it's time I get my hands on this gem.
 Sheridan French Clutch
I love that this is such a vibrant blue hue. It is a perfect match for a tan, little white shift, gold Jacks, and a gold cocktail ring.
But really... I tried to score a clic clac on Rue La La a few weeks ago, but they were sold out before I could snatch one.  
Alright, I am going to stop now before I get a phone call from my parents asking me if I think I'm getting a "job" as a socialite upon graduation...Have a fabulous day!
Yours, 
sCe

18 comments:

JR Mazur said...

I have that murfee, always always get compliments on it and I also am in love with my Shep Shirt. Hope your wishes come true! Congratulations on your graduation :-)

mFw said...

I love my 13" macbook pro! For me its the prefect size. I would go into an apple store to look at sizes. I think the 13" might be bigger than you think. Congrats! What fun gift ideas!

Lindsey said...

I love everything on your list. I have a Vineyard Vines Shep shirt, and I got it in a size up. It is actually a little too roomy for my liking, but it depends on what you're planning on wearing under it!

Haley said...

These are all such great choices! I definitely wouldn't mind adding any and all to my day to day use! Happy Graduation and congrats!

Forever in Pearls said...

If you get the Shep shirt can you post a review? I've wanted one for a while, but I also don't know whether to get a small or medium.

Christine said...

MacBook Pros are just about perfect in every sense (love mine) - this should definitely be considered a need!

I love my VV Shep shirt. I have it in a small and typically I'm a XS in tops so I would suggest going up one size.

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love my murfee scarves-that print is next on my list too! I have the shep shirt in a medium and I normally wear a small-I just love the cozy fit! I LOVE my mac! seriously it is my child!! You need one! I have a 13 inch and am very happy with that size. And for graduating you totally deserve a little orange box! Congrats on all your accomplishments!

ROS said...

Being the proud owner of five Shep Shirts, I must say they may be my favorite thing in my closet. I seriously think I could wear them every day! Also, I have the 17" MacBook Pro and I absolutely love it! The size and quality of the screen cannot be beat! Congratulations on Graduating!

PINKHONEYBEEE said...

Congratulations on graduating! I would go with the 13" Mac Book pro! i LOVE mine and it fits in all my totes! I had a HP and hated it, so I was so happy when my Dad bought me my Mac. Best investment EVER!! Go to Apple and check them out as far as size wise.
Candace

BAH said...

Thanks for the mention! I wear a small in VV tanks/polos, but opted for a medium in the Shep Shirt :)

Anonymous said...

My Macbook is a 13" and I love it! I also got my shep shirt before they started making them for women so mine is a men's small - it's kind of roomy and I think if I got one again I'd go with a women's small. Good luck with getting the orange box :)

A. said...

I had a 15" Macbook Pro and when that finally died I sized down to a 13". If I had to go buy a new computer tomorrow I would get another 13". In my opinion, that little extra bit of screen is not a big enough difference to warrant the extra cost or weight to carry around. Congrats!

Grace said...

I really want a Shep Shirt and Murfee, too! And I don't think you can ever go wrong with Hermes!

kp said...

Hi there..go with the 13". I bought mine in December and it is the perfect size. :) kristin pearce

Just Jess said...

I love your list. Congrats and good luck on your next chapter!

Emily said...

I have the shep shirt and they fit a little on the smaller size- so I would go up a size for comfort!

I have the 13" and it is PERFECT. Not too small by any means! I love that it fits in all of my totes perfectly (even in the laptop sleeve!)

Anonymous said...

Perfect graduation items! I'm graduating (high school) in June and I love everything you posted!

Mari said...

Congrats! I just found your blog and I love it! I have a '15 inch Macbook Pro and I love it. I hope you haven't already bought a Mac because they just came out with new MacBook Pros a week or so ago. The new ones are even cooler.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure