Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Talbots: Wear-to-Work



 

A frequent question that I am asked through e-mail and Tumblr is what I wear to work. My office is casual on days that we don't have meetings. I am so thankful that I am able to wear casual dresses and denim on a daily basis. However, on the days when I have to be more "business-y", I tend to reach for pieces from Talbots

I have been a Talbots shopper for as long as I can remember. Their nod to timeless, classic pieces is the prime reason I frequent the store. Talbots sent me a gorgeous black silk tank and black and white necklace that are perfect for the office and then to wear to drinks/dinner afterwards. I wore the above outfit to work and then popped over to Sienna, a favorite restaurant of mine, for drinks and dinner post-work. 


This black silk tank is something I will stock up on in most colors considering it is a dressed-up basic. Wear it alone in the summer or throw a cashmere cardigan or blazer over top for fall/winter. I even like the idea of tucking it into a skirt for a weekend night out. 

Are you a Talbots shopper? What do you like to wear to work to look professional? A big thank you to Talbots for sending me the gorgeous tank and necklace. Have a fabulous day! 
Yours,

7 comments:

John said...

Very nice! Perfect career-wear for summer.

Kerri said...

Love the outfit! I have a pair of cropped pants just like those from J.Crew. I've been doing a series of posts about dressing for the young professional, since that is my life currently. Love the post! Will have to check out Talbots!

Kelly Keating said...

I'm wearing a black silk tank to work today as well! It's basically my summer uniform because of all the ways it can be styled. Love your outfit!

Chelsea Oliver said...

I love everything about Market Square - what a transformation it's had in the past couple years! Love this Talbots look, too! I've never thought to shop there but now I'll have to check it out for work wear!

-Chelsea
chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

Crumbs and Curls said...

My mom used to work at Talbots, she is obsessed with the store! They have great things, & I definitely miss her discount.

Kristin
crumbsandcurls.blogspot.com

Miss Margarita said...

love that outfit!!

eHa said...

Talbots is my go to for wear to work. Their clothes are almost always appropriate for work.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure