Friday, June 13, 2014

Makeup Update

The above photo is one that I posted to Instagram last week. After posting, I got some makeup questions. I am wearing three different products than my usual makeup and I think they are all worth posting about. 

Just so we are on the same page, above is the photo before I color corrected it with the VSCO cam app. Just keeping it real ;). 

This 'crayon' is pure magic. I have recently been out in the sun a lot and have quite the tan, now. I needed new makeup to match my tan and so I bought this on a whim while grocery shopping. I had no expectations but just grabbed it to hold me over until I could get my favorite Tarte concealer. Oh my gosh, I will never use another concealer ever again! This stuff is $8 and amazing. It truly matches my skin perfectly and covers any imperfections, plus it is so easy to apply and blend. I use it under my eyes as well as on blemishes. It's a miracle. I try to limit my makeup in the summer so I've been relying on this, blush and mascara as my daily makeup products. 

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I don't like wearing a lot of makeup and I consider foundation to be 'a lot of makeup'. I only wear this on special occasions but was going to happy hour after work that night and wanted my makeup to stay in place all day, so I put it on. I love it because I kid you not, it makes my face look flawless. I went through a period of skin issues earlier this year and this was a lifesaver. Now that my skin is back to normal, I rarely use it. But let me tell you, it's pricey but for a reason and it's worth every penny. I also don't like using it because I feel like it's one of those situations when you wipe it off you look like a different person... like this...scary! 

I usually wear Loreal's False Fiber Lash mascara but Estee Lauder sent me this mascara and this is hands down my new favorite. It is truly the best mascara I have ever used... it really defines my lashes and the applicator makes it really easy to apply-- no clumps! 



Scroll through the above widget to see all the makeup I am wearing and in what shades! What are your favorite products? 

Also, for those inquiring, the dress is Gap! It doesn't seem to be available on their website any longer but it was on sale in store! Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite posts! I need to get that first concealer! Your beautiful with or without makeup :)

Lauren said...

Thanks for sharing these! I will have to check out these different products! Great post :)

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Unknown said...

Love the dress!

Anonymous said...

Love this post! Would also love to hear more about skin issues and how you resolved them. I think most of us can totally relate and always appreciate insight on great skin (such as yours!) xoxo

Juliana said...

I love that you still have a natural look with your makeup! You do it so well :) Love your blog!

Unknown said...

I too also love the true match. Great buy. Enjoying reading your blog.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure