Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer Playlist

Striped Shirt via

I got a new computer months ago and have been putting off transferring my iTunes library over because it is such a big task. I usually use the 8tracks app and Pandora but I also love having fresh playlists. Since I got a new car (!!! more on that soon), I wanted to get my music in order since my new car has a fancy music system! I thought now would be the perfect time to do a playlist post. I am music obsessed. Any moment I can listen to music, I do. I love it all and literally crave new music and playlists. I feel like I work better with music, it makes a drive more fun, it makes a party a party... life would be the worst without music. I am all over the place with what I am currently loving but most are up beat and would make great workout songs! 

Ride- Timeflies (The. Best. The acoustic version is pretty good, too. The lead singer, Cal Shapiro, is a total babe.) 
Ghost (Oliver Nelson Remix)- Ella Henderson
Beachin'-Jake Owen
Use Me- Bill Withers
The Island- Parade of Lights
Makeout- Rixton
He Mele No Lilo- Lilo and Stitch Soundtrack (Fun Fact: I know all of the words to this and it is in Hawaiian!)
Stutter- Mariannas Trench
All Around the World- Mac Miller
Water on the Moon- AER (SO good... always on repeat for me)
Cheap Sunglasses- RAC
Tonight's Today- Jack Penate
Sky Full of Stars- Coldplay  (love love love this one)
Days Like This- Van Morrison 
Stay With Me- Sam Smith (I like to blast this and belt it out while driving.. the chorus is epic. I also love Ed Sheeran's cover)
Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress- The Hollies (you'll recognize this from Remember the Titans, one of my favorite movies of all time.)
Rather Be- Clean Bandit (upbeat and fun)
Firefly- White Panda(amazing mashup)
Blue Jeans (Manila Kila Remix) - Lana Del Ray (love the original but this remix is great)
Bad Intentions- Niykee Heaton (I kind of love it-- it sounds like nothing I've ever really listened to before, but I downloaded it and really like it!)

Viva La Vida (live)- Coldplay 
This is the MOST amazing live version I've ever heard! I saw Coldplay live back in 2009 and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Turn this one up LOUD and belt it out. This live version literally gave me chills it is so good. Not to mention, we have a fun but very odd family tradition that has come about over the years that makes this song even more special to me. Years ago, my cousin Paige started taking piano lessons and she learned how to play Viva La Vida when it first came out back in 2008. Every Christmas Eve my parents have a huge party which is So. Much. Fun. So much champagne, delicious food and all of our friends and family are together... it's really one of the happiest days of my year and I know everyone looks forward to it. Anyways, we sing Christmas carols as a few family members play the piano and it has become a tradition that Paige plays Viva La Vida and we all sing. This year we even threw up the lyrics on a screen so everyone could sing along-- even Grammie sings! I have so many great videos of my entire family in one room and we are all singing. It's hilarious but also amazing. Not to mention, as our family gets older and grows up, we've had quite the party moments-- as the night goes on, we've even gathered a few members of the family for a fun round of flip cup. Ohhh how I love Christmas Eve!!! 

As always, I am always looking for new music so I would love for your suggestions of what  you are listening to--especially since I am road tripping to DC and Annapolis this weekend! Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I can't stop listening to Cardiac Arrest by Bad Suns lately! It's a lot like the 1975, so I think you'll love it too! And I also like Transpose by them as well.

Julienne Warner said...

Thank you for this ! I'm always in need of song recommendations :)

- www.jwarnerlifestyle.com

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about Pittsburgh's own indie pop band, Donora. Great tunes with a happy vibe.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure