This weekend I hopped down to DC/ Annapolis to visit college friends. DC is definitely one of my favorite places to visit. I actually seriously considered moving there after graduation, I love it that much! Specifically, I love the Georetown area. It's quaint and rich with history and there is so much shopping, delicious restaurants and the most fun bars... not to mention it seems as though all of the best looking and best dressed guys congregate in Georgetown. I'm really not even kidding. Anyways, every time I find my way into the District, I go to Paolo's for brunch. Every. Time. I'm sure everyone has their opinion on the best brunch in DC, but this is so good.
Really, you could just go for their olive tapenade. I mean I have dreams about this stuff.
Paolo's menu has so many different options for brunch meals. I usually like to switch it up, but my go to is the smoked salmon fritatta. They also have bottomless mimosas, bloodies and bellinis. #Heaven. Another perfect thing about Paolo's? You can brunch outside and I have literally never had to wait long for a table-- not to mention the prices are outrageously inexpensive for DC standards.
Another thing I love about Georgetown? The architecture. I'd take any of the houses... they are classically styled and I would say 99% of them are my taste to a T. Because we had a few too many drinks the night before (oops) and ended up rolling out of bed a lot later than expected, I opted for something super simple and casual. I wore white chino shorts from Country Squire Haberdashery (so comfortable), a vintage belt that my dad got on my parents' Honeymoon in Bermuda, a white oxford cloth button down, Jack Rogers (on sale!!), a Vineyard Vines Clutch and Clubmaster sunglasses. I've really been into all white lately. It's easy but also very chic and very summer. It doesn't hurt that it accentuates a tan, too!
Some of my other favorites while in DC?
- Lunch: The Tombs or Tony and Joe's
- Picnic: Stop into Dean and Deluca for Sushi and champagne (great coffee, too)
- Coffee: Saxby's
- Cupcake: Baked and Wired (great cappuccinos, too)
- Bars: Rhino, Mr. Smith's (piano bar that is tons of fun!), The Guards, Smith Point, George, Town Hall, Tony and Joe's, Sign of the Whale, Whitlows, Madhatter, POV at the W (coolest view), Public... I could go on for days.
- Dinner: Oya, Clyde's, PJ Clarkes, Old Ebbit Grille (omg the baked oysters and champagne), J Pauls, Cafe Milano, Ris, Circa... they also have a Shake Shack. So. Good.
- Best Pizza: Pizzeria Paradiso (SO GOOD)
- Fun things to do: Tea at the Willard, Spy Museum, Walk around the monuments (Lincoln Memorial/Reflecting Pond is the best at sunset), Smithsonians, shop (duh), paddleboard on the river, go for a run/drive on the GW parkway (it's SO pretty in the fall), Newseum is awesome.
- RIP: Third Edition and Rugby- why are they gone!?
- Where to stay: The Mayflower, The Willard, JW Marriott, Hamilton Crown Plaza, Omni Shoreham, Four Season, Ritz Carlton, Hay-Adams.
- Shopping: Vineyard Vines, Ralph Lauren, Tory Burch, Ella Rue, Sherman Pickey, Zara, Kate Spade, Brooks Brothers (incredible decor), J. McLaughlin, J. Crew, Cusp, Patagonia, Lou Lou, Barbour, Blue Mercury, Paper Source, etc. (all in Georgetown within walking distance)
- How to travel: metro is clean and easy to navigate but an uber is also a great way to get around
So what are your favorite places to eat, dine and shop in DC? I'm always looking for recommendations! I will be back down in September! Have a fabulous day!