It's time for a guest blog post... I don't do guest blog posts too often, but Lauren's recipes are always killer and so worth sharing! Not to mention, most are pretty easy and she's really good at simplifying things for those that are kitchen challenged (aka me).
Two things about being 2 years out of college: I've noticed that I'm starting to take a lot more interest in learning kitchen related things as well as buying things like furniture/home decor... I would never ever in a million years thought that either of these things would interest me... but alas, here we are in 2014, and I am shopping at Williams-Sonoma and keeping grocery lists on my phone. Yikes.
Hi, guys! I’m Lauren and I am so excited to guest post on Summer Wind to share my recipe for panko crusted ahi tuna steak with miso vinaigrette. It’s remarkably simple and tastes like a million bucks! You can prepare this dish for date night at home, friends or just for you. Ahi tuna steak is so delicious you might not want to share it all. I won’t blame you one bit.
I am all about foolproof meals on my blog, DC Girl in Pearls, because I live in a teeny DC apartment with a postage stamp sized kitchen. A handful of ingredients + minimal appliances are my M.O.
Ingredients for Panko Crust
Red Pepper Flakes
Ahi Tuna Steaks
1. Using paper towels, thoroughly dry the tuna steaks.
2. On a small plate, mix the panko crumbs and seasonings. The measurements for this aren’t exact, you just need to make sure the steaks are covered in the panko mixture.
3. Place the tuna steak in the panko mixture and gently press down to ensure full coating. Turn over and do the same on the other side.
4. Heat a small amount of olive oil (3 tbsp top) on a skillet over medium heat.
5. Gently place the tuna steaks in the skillet and let each side cook for 3 minutes or until panko crust is golden brown.
Ingredients for Miso Vinaigrette
1 tbsp, Trader Joe’s Yellow Miso
½ cup, Trader Joe’s Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar
1 shallot, finely minced
¼ cup, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together until blended.
2. Drizzle over greens like Trader Joe’s Power to the Greens blend of kale, chard and spinach.
Bon appetit! I hope to see you over at DC Girl in Pearls for more foolproof recipes.