Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Cozy Cableknit + Brown Leather Boots + Blackwatch Plaid Tote








Sweater// Skirt (old, similar)// Blackwatch Tote
Boots (similar, similar) // Sunglasses// Watch 


I have worn this outfit several times already. I love it so much. This skirt (last seen here) takes on a completely different look because I left the sweater untucked (not that I would ever really tuck the sweater in...). 

I also love the chunky knit with bare legs. It's the perfect type of outfit to wear during this transitional period and the proportions are balanced. I always try and go as long as I pull it off. 

This chunky, boyfriend-feel/tunic style of sweater is very 'in' right now. It's pretty much everywhere and there's good reason for it. 1. you're cozy-warm, 2. it pairs with everything from denim to leather pants to cocktail skirts. You really can't go wrong with this type of sweater. Not to mention, this one is priced way below many other options and there are a bunch of colors to choose from. 

Besides the sweater, I am beyond obsessed with this blackwatch plaid tote. If you've been reading here for a while, then you know that blackwatch plaid is one of my favorite tartans. It's understated and classic and I wear it as if it were a neutral. I love the fact that this tote can be personalized, too..makes for a great gift! I love the idea of getting this tote as a gift for someone and then putting another gift inside.. it would look sooo pretty sitting under the tree or would be perfect for a bride-to-be with her new initials.

What have you been wearing during the fall season? Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

15 comments:

Francesca Acciardo said...

AHH love this outfit, Sydney! Perfect as usual!

xo, Fran
theblondeprep.blogspot.com

The Style Storm said...

I love this look! That chunky knit sweater is perfect!
The Style Storm
<3, Christina

carciosef said...

Oxford, sweater, jeans and flats is my fall uniform!
Love this outfit!
carciosef

Unknown said...

Emerald green is very classy. I love the touch of plaid with the tote. Thanks for sharing with us!

<3 Amy J.

http://bowlinesandlace.blogspot.com

Alex Carreno said...

I wish Texas weather would cool down enough to wear this outfit. That color green looks wonderful on you!!

www.adoredbyalex.com

Lauren said...

You always have the best sweaters! Love your outfit!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Cheyenne said...

There's nothing better than huge chunky knits for the fall.

xx Cheyenne
www.bohemianjourneys.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love your style- so timeless and chic! The emerald green also looks beautiful with your hair color and complexion! I just posted my fall wardrobe essentials if you want to check that out :)

xoxo, Abby
www.classy-sassy-prep.blogspot.com

Ellen | A Pop of Pink said...

I love this sweater, and you styled it so well, Sydney. I need a green sweater for fall. And it goes great with your bag.

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

Anonymous said...

I Love this look! It is styled so well and looks so classic!

Xx Lucy-Claire // sunnydaysandlovelyways.com

Missy said...

I love your sweater! It looks so comfy and the color is gorgeous. I never think to shop at Talbots but maybe I need to start.

Dana said...

OOOOOMG, I'm obsessed with that chunky knit! You styled it beautifully.

Pink Champagne Problems

Linda said...

Beautiful outfit!

Pick Your Beau said...

Tartan plaid is definitely one of my favorite things about fall! Love the mix of the big sweater / skirt - will definitely have to try it out!

Pick Your Beau

Vi said...

Great color/outfit pairing of the chunky sweater with the skirt. I have been living in similar outfits - my slightly oversized cowl neck sweater paired with a black skirt and boots. Or white denim and a gray/off white waffle knit sweater with boots. The possibilities!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure