Thursday, October 16, 2014

Randoms


I sleep with  sleep mask every night. It started in college when I had a roommate and just got used to it. Now I can't really sleep without one! I am always looking for cute options and this season,  I have found some beautiful options. I think this would make such a cute gift for the holidays paired with something like a cashmere blanket. I also think it would be cute to give your bridesmaids in the hotel at your wedding with a bottle of advil and water as a 'joke' (but not really joking ;)). 

Mezzo, the second floor of Mercato, on Penn Avenue in downtown Pittsburgh, just recently opened. It's a wine bar and Italian restaurant with delicious options such as charcuterie platters, wood fired pizzas and risotto (omg the pork risotto was incredible). I checked it out for happy hour one night after work with some friends and it was great! 

I was recently restocking my bar and wanted to share some of my favorites. I'm not a huge wine aficionado, although my parents would like me to be. My favorite wine is Mark West Pinot Noir... it's literally $11 a bottle (#winning). 

La Marca is definitely one of my favorite proseccos. I personally prefer champagne to prosecco because I find a lot of proseccos have 'big bubbles' that pop too quickly (if that makes any sense). La Marca's bubbles are pretty small in comparison to others I have tried. The best, though, is when you get a really great bottle and the bubbles are teeny tiny and they just tingle a little and it's 'tingly' all the way to the last sip. What can I say... I've tried a lot of bubbly. 

Hendrick's gin is hands down my favorite liquor in all the world. I love nothing more than a dirty gin martini. I love Tanqueray for G&T's, but Hendrick's is my go-to for martinis. Soba in Pittsburgh is one of my favorites and they make an incredible Hendrick's dirty martini! 

I stopped into Trader Joe's last weekend and couldn't resist picking up these Pumpkin O's. They're awesome! Not overly spiced, the flavor is just right... I hate getting pumpkin things that are overly flavored (hence, my way to order a PSL). Who else loves pumpkin everything? We have a beer fridge at work (awesome, I know) and I just had my first pumpkin beer of the season last week! 


I've been receiving lots of e-mails, comments, etc. about my black Mansur Gavriel tote (last seen here). It is definitely my favorite bag. I use it daily as a work tote but it is also so perfect for travel and running weekend errands. Since it is sold out everywhere, I thought I'd share this Kate Spade version which is pretty comparable to my Mansur Gavriel tote. 


Sephora is starting to roll out their holiday packages (2 of my favorites above). I love love love this time of year for beauty because there are so many gift sets with sample size products. I love trying different products so I can decide if I really want to buy the full product. My mom also buys the lip gloss sets and breaks them down and attaches them as fun little 'add ons' to gifts for people. I love the idea and have started doing it myself. 

Have a fabulous day! 
Yours,

3 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

the Sephora gift sets are great for mini travel products too! I always use their mini lipglosses, eyeliners, etc when traveling!

Ellen | A Pop of Pink said...

Do you think Mezzo is a good spot for date night? I'm always looking to try new places for dinner with my boyfriend, and we rarely ever eat downtown.

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

carciosef said...

I love getting gift sets, it's a way to try new products without spending too much money!
carciosef

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure