Sunday, November 16, 2014

Caden's Christmas: To Benefit the Zane Family

My inbox is a bottomless pit at the moment... but the second I saw an e-mail from one of my sorority sisters, I clicked open right away. 

One of the best things about sororities is that you have this lifelong connection, that, no matter what, you're there to help them when they're in need. Well, one of my sorority sister's is in need... and we are talking major need. 

My sorority sister's very close family friend has a very sick child and the mother was just recently diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. If you have been reading Summer Wind for a while, you'll know I was a Zeta and Breast Cancer Awareness is our charity that we closely support. Not only that, but my close family has been touched with this awful cancer. I cannot imagine having a sick sibling as well as a sick mother. It's absolutely heart breaking. 


With the holidays coming up, my sorority and all of JMU's campus (my alma mater) is working towards a goal of raising $100,000 for the family to help with their medical costs and to help them enjoy their holiday together. I have donated, but that is just not enough... the Zane family needs your help and I am hoping that by checking out their website and watching the video, you will be able to help. If you are unable to help monetarily, it is my hope that you can pray for the family and send good thoughts their way. I greatly appreciate it and I know my Zeta sisters and the Zane family do, too. 

Yours, 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been a long time reader of your blog and I absolutely adore your style! I really want to thank you for this post on supporting the Zane Family. I grew up in Wall, NJ and attended Wall High School where Mrs. Zane was one of my gym teachers. I know it means the world to them having their story shared. Thank you for supporting and posting about this incredible family.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure