}
Home     About     Contact     shop     Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017     shop my outfits     disclosure                             

Monday, August 31, 2015

The Perfect Transition Outfit











Last week was actually chilly. We're talking 'put your seat heaters on, wear a jacket in the morning, need a sweater at night' kind of chill. I welcomed the 60 degree temps with open arms. I love summer, but I also love to layer and sometimes those things just do not go hand-in-hand. 

During the day, though, it still gets hot enough that you wouldn't want to be stuck in a sweater or boots or anything 'too fall'. Enter the outfit above. 

It's perfect because of the transitional fabrics and colors, minus all the layers you would need for actual fall. I am a big believer in the LWS (little white shirt, read about here) and denim. It's the simplest outfit that works for a number of season and occasions. This shirt combines a menswear inspired, classic, crisp button down with an updated tunic finish. It's classic with a subtle twist and definitely works for a multitude of styling options. 

I don't really ever wear jeans in the summer. I get too hot, and really prefer dresses and skirts. However, I reached for jeans last week for the first time in a long while and forgot how much I love them! This pair is hands down my favorite style ever. It comes in a multitude of washes and well worth the price. They're so comfortable but very well made and flattering. The style/cut comes out every season, so I've collected the Halle in a lot of different washes! 

The flats are one of my favorite pairs of shoes in my closet right now. The pop of red is very fall, and adds a nice dose of color to my other wise neutral outfit. Not to mention, these are inexpensive, well made and uber comfortable. They have arch support built in which is a major plus. These are cute, but also functional enough to walk around in a large city for hours on end. What are you wearing to transition into the new season? Have a fabulous day! 

4 comments:

Christi Lindsay said...

This outfit--oxford, jeans, and flats--is my when-in-doubt outfit, so it was affirming to see it featured here! My favorite LWS is the classic Polo RL; I remember my mom wearing a similar style as I was growing up, so it makes me feel classic. Great post!

Layers of Linda said...

Those jeans look perfect! I'm not a jeans girl at all and looking to purchase a good pair this fall.

C. Greene said...

It's a great look for Fall. And you wear classic clothing really well.

Erin Fairchild said...

I seriously love your hair!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com