Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Fall Neutrals






Suede Booties c/o (under $100!) // Bucket Bag c/o (under $100)

I think I'm going to wear this outfit at least once a week now that it is chilly outside!! In Pittsburgh, it has steadily been in the lower 60s. In the mornings, it is downright cold-- closed toed shoes and coats are necessary. As the day goes on, I am able to shed some layers and I am thankful for that because I am so not ready for the cold-- last winter was brutal

This jacket I am wearing is one I fell in love with as soon as I saw it in the Talbots catalog. It is thick and warm like a winter coat (it's double faced wool) but the way it elegantly drapes makes it almost look as though I am wearing a waterfall cardigan! I like that it has both grey and camel-- paired with browns or blacks, this coat works with pretty much everything. It paired really nicely with this pretty slate gray bucket bag from Deux Lux (comes in a pebbled version, too!)! The coat also comes in hot pink for those that want to add a pop of color to their outerwear! Not to mention it is super cozy. It'll be great through December... then, when the wicked cold comes, I'll have to store it away until spring! For those in the southern climates that get milder winters, this would probably be heavy enough to take you through fall and winter! 

The booties are my new favorite. I have never owned a pair of Hush Puppies brand shoes and I'm now a believer. Not only are these shoes the cutest but the quality and comfort is out of this world. I honestly don't think I've ever worn more comfortable shoes. The footbed in the shoe is padded and almost feels like a memory foam mattress for your feet! I also didn't know this until I got them, but the suede is pre-treated so you can wear them in the snow or damp conditions and they won't get ruined. And, the sole is somewhat gripped so walking on ice is not an issue! Living in Pittsburgh, these are very legitimate qualities I look for in a fall and winter shoe! This one has practicality and is gorgeous-- especially the tasseled laces! 


3 comments:

Ashley G said...

Didn’t expect that coat to be from Talbots! It looks so warm and comfortable- and still super cute!

Laura said...

I had these shoes on my radar after seeing another blogger wear them, but now knowing they are water resistant and have grippy soles - I am even more sold! Thanks for sharing!

P.S. the website says they run small and order a half-size up, did you have that issue? What do you recommend?

- Laura

Laura Aime Vous

Erin said...

I seriously love everything about this outfit! So cute!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure