Monday, October 5, 2015

All Black + Pittsburgh City View





I've been wearing a lot of all black lately. I think partially it is because it is 'city' appropriate and it's simple and easy. Not to mention, I always feel a little dressier, a little chicer and a little more sophisticated when I'm in all black. I'm also relishing in these last few weeks to go tights-free. I hate tights, but in the winter, they're a necessity, so I always love rocking a skirt until my legs are almost about to freeze! I'm also trying to wear these booties non stop before it becomes too chilly. They're a pair I'll be sad to have to put away! 

This is a really comfortable and simple outfit. Even if you don't have these exact pieces, you can easily replicate this look. The sweater I am wearing is more of a tunic-- I scored in on major sale in the early summer, but I've linked many other very similar options to fit your style or budget. A black cable cashmere sweater is something that is a closet staple-- timeless and classic, too! I personally love the texture of the cashmere against the leather pleated skirt. I think it gives some depth and interest to the look. 

These photos were taken atop Mt. Washington. It's an area of Pittsburgh that offers stunning views and is one of my favorite places. There are many restaurants situated right on the edge with incredible views. These were taken directly across the street from one of my favorites, Monterey Bay. If you're ever in Pittsburgh, I recommend Monterey Bay for the stunning view, the really gorgeous lounge/bar and their phenomenal food! They recently went under a several million dollar renovation and have now even opened up a sushi area on the same level as their lounge. That is next on my to-try list! Have a fabulous day! 

4 comments:

Stella Cadente said...

So pretty! Love this!

xx
Lauren Elizabeth
Petite in Pearls

Belle On Trend said...

Absolutely fabulous outfit! I love the pleated leather skirt!

Laura said...

I love taking the Duquesne Incline up Mt. Washington to see the wonderful views of Pittsburgh! Love this look, I wore something very similar this weekend!

Laura

Laura Aime Vous

Lauren said...

I love that skirt! This is such a great outfit!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure