Wednesday, November 11, 2015

2015 Christmas Movies and Specials Guide for TV: Times and Channels Included

Schedule and Guide to 2015 Christmas movies and specials on TV

I hardly ever watch TV. If anything, I'll usually stream something on Netflix like Friends and have it playing in the background as I work. However, Christmas movies and specials are my absolute favorite thing in the entire world. Cozying up for a Christmas movie marathon makes the season that much better, doesn't it? My top favorites are:


Home Alone is one of my favorite movies ever, but I try to hold off on watching it until the holidays roll around. It came out the year I was born, so this year to celebrate the 25th anniversary, Home Alone was screened in theaters for one night! I haven't been able to find any channel that will be serving up Home Alone this year-- I'm wondering if it has something to do with their licensing for the anniversary! Luckily, I have that one saved on DVR from last year and on DVD. You can also rent it on demand or via Amazon Prime! 

I also love love love the classics like Miracle on 34th Street and It's A Wonderful Life. And who could forget the Rankin-Bass classics like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Santa Claus is Comin' to Town?! 

Also of note, Netflix will premiere 'A Very Murray Christmas' starring Bill Murray starting in December!
My favorite way to watch the films is with a fire going, and with popcorn and champagne, cozied up on the couch in pajamas! My favorite champagnes to pair with popcorn are Veuve Clicquot yellow label and Moet and Chandon Imperial...it's honestly one of my favorite pairings ever. Did you know that for the best flavor, you should be drinking champagne from a white wine glass? I'm dying for these champagne glasses for Christmas, although I do love the elegance that a classic champagne flute has! 

Of course you can see all of these movies demand/Amazon/etc., there's something special about watching it live on TV. Sometimes I'll DVR them and watch them at a later date-- I usually won't skip through the commercials because I even enjoy some of the holiday ads. Not to mention, it's so much fun to watch the specials like Christmas in Rockefeller Center and the Victoria's Secret Fashion show! 

Since this is one of my favorite ways to make the most of the holiday season, I've combed the internet for all of the holiday specials and movies, what channels they are on, what time they air and created a comprehensive schedule (this took me forever!!!)! You can use this as your guide to the classics so you don't miss them and also so you can set your DVR in advance! 

Click on the guide below, right click 'Save As' and save to your computer so you can print or e-mail it to yourself. Or, pin to a Pinterest board for easy access later. Since it is still pre-Thanksgiving and not all of the scheduling has been released by the individual networks, I'll be updating this frequently, so be sure to check back! 

2015 Schedule of Christmas and Holiday TV Specials

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Blog --> I would love to see a holiday guide to lip colors! I need a list so I can go to a Dept. store or sephora and say I need these 5 colors! I love Tarte and NARS sticks as well as YSL lip Sticks. Just wondering what you us, or have tried and tested.

Mrs. on the Move said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves watching holiday movies on TV! Everyone always thinks I'm crazy for recording all of them to watch later, but honestly there's nothing better than a marathon of all your favorite movies. Thanks for posting a list of all of them, that's definitely going to come in handy!

Lauren said...

I cannot wait till all the Christmas movies to start!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Ashley said...

Home alone is playing on ABC family during 25 days of Christmas!!! Dec 16th- 8:30pm, Dec 20th- 10:30pm and Dec 23rd- 7pm. It's one of my favorites too :)

Casey said...

My favorites are 'White Christmas' and 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'. I also try to watch 'George Balanchine's The Nutcraker' on DVD (starring Macauley Culkin). (And if enough alcohol has been consumed, 'He-Man & She-Ra: A Christmas Special'.)

Unknown said...

Saw this and thought of you!! http://shop.candyshopvintage.com/collections/celebrate-collection/products/french-75-cocktail-bracelet
I never knew about this drink until I read your blog and I must say it's one of my new favorites!

Unknown said...

Aww, this was so sweet of you to post the TV times!! There's something so nostalgic about watching Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate. Even better if there's snow outside!

coffeeslag

COFFEESLAG Sephora Haul

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure