Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Ladylike Look: Pearls + Plaid Midi Skirt + Bow Heels

kate spade woodland plaid skirt in fairytale red












To say I am in love with this plaid midi skirt would be a drastic understatement. Normally, I am so/so about a midi skirt. I love the ladylike look, but sometimes they can be slightly matronly or boring. This skirt, however, is definitely not boring. I ordered it on a whim when it first came out and have been wearing it nonstop. 

I most recently wore it to the University of Pittsburgh where I spoke to their Women in Business Group about personal branding and professionalism. The women were so welcoming and it was a great time. I was nervous about speaking for an hour and 15 minutes, because that's a long time... that's like an entire episode of Homeland, long!!! But the time passed quickly and the women made a great audience! 

When I arrived, I was unaware that I would be speaking on a stage. I was so glad that I had on a longer skirt for the occasion! I paired it with a simple black turtleneck and black pumps because the skirt packs a major punch in terms of color and print! If you are wondering about sizing, I am wearing a size 2. I think this skirt runs generously, so if you are between sizes, definitely size down!

When I got the skirt, the clutch was kind of an afterthought. I had no intentions of getting it, but when I saw them together, I fell in love. I'm normally not a matchy-matchy kind of person, but I just love these two together! I also love the clutch because with my day-to-day neutral outfits, it provides just the pop of color I need. It will be especially great to carry when I'm all dressed up for holiday parties! 

If you've been reading Summer Wind for a while, then you know that these pearls are one of my most worn jewelry pieces. I've had this 5-strand necklace for years now and find so many different occasions to wear it. You can actually wear it two different ways. The above look is with the pearls twisted, and then when they're untwisted, it looks like you are wearing 5 layered pearl necklaces. It's a really nice, 'subtle' and classic statement piece. Since the holidays are coming up, I think it also makes a really nice Christmas gift! You can find the set I am wearing, here, but they also have a Factory option for a lot less, here. Have a fabulous day! 

5 comments:

Kristin said...

This skirt is gorgeous on you! I absolutely love the red plaid pattern for fall and winter. And I'm with you on the clutch--it compliments the skirt just perfectly. Have a fantastic Tuesday!

Kristin
www.cupcakesandthecosmos.com

Unknown said...

Fantastic outfit!

Lauren said...

I am so in love with that plaid skirt!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Anonymous said...

what a pretty, classic look!

Net - "It's a Wonderful Movie" said...

The red plaid Kate Spade skirt is truly stunning!!! I don't blame you for wanting to wear it all the time! It certainly makes a lovely statement and is ideal for this time of year... Especially at Christmastime!!! :)

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure