Thursday, November 19, 2015

Lately 11/19


First of all, can you even believe that there is just a little over a month until Christmas? November is going by a little too quickly for my taste!! I've already finished about 75% of my holiday cards for this season-- this year I am sending over 100 hand written, so that was a big item on my to-do list that I am about to check off! I've also been working on some fun projects-- which you can see a sneak peek of in the above photo! Can't wait to share! 


Plaid vest alternatives: One// Two// Three (my favorite)

Wearing: My good friend Amanda and her husband just had a baby girl! This is what I wore for a lunch date/stroll around the mall with her and baby C! I got to practice my babysitting skills and I passed with flying colors ;) I wore a casual and comfortable outfit which was perfect for the mild temps we have been having!

Scroll through below to see a few items I have ordered recently and fell in love with!


Watching: With all of the craziness going on in the world right now, follow Ellen's page to get served a daily laugh. She is so inspiring and her videos showcase amazing people in the world.

Reading: This article about the Bergdorf's holiday windows! Also, have you seen the Barney's windows? They are my favorite-- so creative!!!

Listening: This month has been the. month. for music. Last week, the biebs and 1D released their newest albums and tomorrow Adele releases her album, 25. I'm sure you have all heard, Hello, but have you heard When We Were Young, yet? I. am. obsessed.

Eating: I just went to Nordstrom Cafe for the first time in a while and forgot how yummy their food is! I got the salmon caesar salad and it was sooo good. Not to mention, they brew a great cup of coffee, too! A perfect break for those out doing their holiday shopping!


Gifting: I get SO many e-mails about my dainty gold bezel set diamond necklace that I wear every single day. Actually, I never take it off. Mine was custom made at our local jeweler, but I scoured the internet to find almost identical versions! I even found a CZ option for $55, so it won't break the bank! I think this style of necklace is so classic. Perfect for 24/7 wear and would make an incredible Christmas present!

Also, I just updated my scrolling widgets in the right sidebar... so many fab new dresses and lots of great stocking stuffer ideas!



Loving: Truth be told, I'm not sure if I even own one solid red item in my entire closet. I usually loathe the color, but have been coming across so many red pieces that I'm loving! I think the holiday season must be rubbing off on me ;)

Sale-ing: Well the ultimate sale of all sales is coming.. ahem, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and I'll have all of the details of those sales next week. However, Saks off Fifth already launched their Black Friday sales! A lot of their cashmere pieces are under $60 and so many other great steals-- perfect for giving a luxe gift to your loved ones without breaking the bank!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love seeing things about the windows at Bergdorf's. Have you watched the documentary Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's about preparing for the 2011 window display? So interesting! On a much smaller scale, there is an upscale kitchen and home store in my parents' town called Whittingham's that is owned by an elderly gentleman that used to do the display windows in NYC. At one point he did the windows for Cartier. His holiday windows are jaw dropping and so detailed.

Unknown said...

That salmon caesar salad sounds to die for! What a great little mid-shopping treat. Hope you have a great weekend! Cheers!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Anonymous said...

What is the local jeweler you use in Pittsburgh? I'm trying to find a good one!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure