Monday, January 18, 2016

Going Out Outfit: Blue Lace + Black

anthropologie Nautical Lace Top

ferragamo aileen bag



ferragamo aileen bag


Blue Lace Top// Black Cords (on sale under $100)

Thank you to everyone who graciously filled out the Summer Wind survey last week. You all gave such thorough, polite, and encouraging responses. I cannot tell you how much that means to me! Most of you mentioned that you would like to see more 'going out'/date night outfits. 

When going out for the night whether with girlfriends or on a date, I pretty much stick to a standard outfit. Above is the perfect example for a casual night out. In the winter, it's usually black bottoms with black booties (or heels) and then a fun top. Honestly, I often go with all black because it's easy, dressy, and chic. 

I don't wear enough color, so when I spied this gorgeous lace top, I knew it was something that would add a great pop to my wardrobe. I also love this shade of blue-- it's not too bright, but it's definitely not boring, either! I think it will be great in the summer paired with white pants! 

The black pants I am wearing are corduroys. I love to mix up textures and corduroys are an easy way to add a little depth-- and to ditch your jeans for a night. I also wear these leather leggings (currently on sale under $100) almost once a weekend which is another great material to mix it up in the texture department. When I go out, it's usually in the city so the leggings have a downtown vibe that I really like. Another thing, not pictured above, that I usually wear when I go out is a leather jacket. It's one of the items that gets the most wear in my closet. I like that it adds a little edge to my otherwise pretty conservative/classic outfits. 

The booties I am wearing (currently on major sale) are the best shoes ever. The chunky heel makes them so comfortable and I love the texture of the suede. The studs give them a little edge. I wear them for both work and play. They have been my most worn shoe lately! 

As for a handbag, I almost always take a small bag out at night with me. In the winter months, I rotate between my Grey Ferragamo bag, my black Chanel bag, and my Louis Vuitton 'Favorite' bag. Each one is perfectly sized to hold just what I need for a night out! 

I had been searching high and low for the perfect grey bag because I wear a ton of grey, and I love the monochromatic look of grey on grey. A lot of bags were either not the right shade, or too small, or too big. This one really fit the bill! It's such a gorgeous leather bag! Not to mention, the best part of the Ferragamo bag is that you can wear it as a shoulder bag, crossbody bag, or as a satchel. 

What do you usually wear when you are going out for the night? 

6 comments:

Just Jess said...

What a gorgeous top and perfect for a night out with friends! Jess at Just Jess

Erin said...

That top is so cute!


Her Heartland Soul
herheartlandsoul.com

Rachel said...

Such a gorgeous top!

Unknown said...

That lace top is amazing! Definitely a head turner. You look so pretty, girl!

Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

Unknown said...

This lace top is sexy. Whole makeup is great. Love your photos.

Collaboration?Contact us.

All the best,
Mackya/ https://aibiwatch.com/adidas-canada

Unknown said...

Obsessed with this top! It's darling.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure