In last Thursday's lately post, I shared that I have been restricting carbs in my diet for the month of January. Many of you requested for me to share recipes that I have been using. I have to be honest in that I just eat a lot of grilled chicken/turkey/sausage/etc. While it's not exciting or creative, it gets the job done. However, I have made a few things that are actually delicious and I'm happy to share them with you!
This is a recipe that is all over Pinterest and you can pretty much make it your own with whatever ingredients you have on hand. These are pizza zucchini boats. I haven't eaten pizza and was craving that flavor one night, so I whipped up something that had a similar taste!
What you'll need:
- Cored zucchini
- Lowfat/skim shredded mozzarella
- Chopped Red Onion
- Fresh Basil
- Turkey Pepperoni
- Pizza Sauce (Don Pepino is my favorite)
- Olive Oil
- Salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Core zucchini leaving enough space for ingredients
- Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper onto zucchini and arrange on baking sheet
- Bake for about 10 minutes
- Fill open space in zucchini with sauce, basil, onion and turkey pepperoni
- Cover with shredded mozzarella
- Bake for 15-18 minutes
Super simple and delicious! I think next time I will also add garlic in at some point and try sausage instead of turkey pepperoni for more flavor! I also think it would be great to do it with roasted tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves for a caprese flavor. Yum! Do you have any low carb recipes to share?