Monday, January 25, 2016

Low-Carb Recipe: Zucchini Boats

pizza zucchini boat recipe

In last Thursday's lately post, I shared that I have been restricting carbs in my diet for the month of January. Many of you requested for me to share recipes that I have been using. I have to be honest in that I just eat a lot of grilled chicken/turkey/sausage/etc. While it's not exciting or creative, it gets the job done. However, I have made a few things that are actually delicious and I'm happy to share them with you!

This is a recipe that is all over Pinterest and you can pretty much make it your own with whatever ingredients you have on hand. These are pizza zucchini boats. I haven't eaten pizza and was craving that flavor one night, so I whipped up something that had a similar taste! 

What you'll need:
  • Cored zucchini
  • Lowfat/skim shredded mozzarella 
  • Chopped Red Onion
  • Fresh Basil 
  • Turkey Pepperoni
  • Pizza Sauce (Don Pepino is my favorite) 
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt, pepper

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Core zucchini leaving enough space for ingredients
  • Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper onto zucchini and arrange on baking sheet
  • Bake for about 10 minutes 
  • Fill open space in zucchini with sauce, basil, onion and turkey pepperoni
  • Cover with shredded mozzarella 
  • Bake for 15-18 minutes 
Super simple and delicious! I think next time I will also add garlic in at some point and try sausage instead of turkey pepperoni for more flavor! I also think it would be great to do it with roasted tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves for a caprese flavor. Yum! Do you have any low carb recipes to share? 

4 comments:

trg said...

Thanks for the recipe!!! This is one I have not seen before. I appreciate any low carb recipes you post!!

Piper Ellice said...

Yum! I am always on the lookout for some fresh and new LC recipes; thanks for sharing! I'll be trying soon.

www.startingsouthern.blogspot.com

Kate Losee said...

I clicked on this post immediately after taking my Blue Apron white pizza out of the oven 🙊 I think this may be a sign that it's time to clean up my eating! Good thing that blizzard calories don't count!

Just Jess said...

These look delicious! Thanks for sharing, I was thinking I needed to mix things up. Jess at Just Jess

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure