Friday, January 22, 2016

Road Tripping in Athleisure







Sweatshirt (under $50)// White Tank


Do you have any fun trips coming up? I have a few up my sleeve, the soonest one being less than 2 weeks away! I am headed to LA to visit one of my BFFs from high school! I have never been to LA before, so I am so excited to check it out!

I also have a few road trips coming up. I know I have shared a lot of my travel outfits in the past, but this is somewhat of a different travel outfit than what I usually post. Since my travel outfits have been for plane travel, I thought I'd share what I wear on a typical road trip! 

I don't mind anything 4 hours and under, but after that I get soooo antsy! I mostly road trip to DC which is a quick and easy drive and this is typically what I wear while driving. 

I would most definitely call this look athleisure inspired... did you know they officially added athleisure to the dictionary?! It's super comfortable and relaxed, but dressed enough so that should I need to stop, I'd be appropriate! Typically, as soon as I get to my destination, I change into something else. It's always the best to change when you get somewhere...it's refreshing and it assures your outfit will not get wrinkled!

ModCloth, a Pittsburgh-based company (the founders went to Carnegie Mellon! #represent), let me choose a few things to style. I shop at ModCloth somewhat frequently, because I especially love their unique selection of cocktail dresses! I had no idea they carried athleisure pieces and was very impressed with their selection! Their prices are low... seriously only $20 for the black leggings that are thick and opaque! That's a major win in my book! And my favorite part has to be this adorable sweatshirt (under $50!). It's really more of a sweater material and the cutout back makes it interesting and fun. The white tank that I am wearing underneath has a nice high neckline and may be the softest tank I've ever owned. 

What do you wear when you are road tripping? Where is the coolest location you've visited via driving?! 

Thank you to ModCloth for sponsoring this post-- all opinions are my own. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does the sizing run on the sweatshirt?

Daily Golf Clothing said...

Such a great comfortable yet chic look, perfect for the travel. I really like the sweater, especially detail on the back. Have a wonderful trip!

Summer Wind said...

Anonymous, it runs true to size! I'm in a size small!

Lauren said...

Love the back of that sweatshirt!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Unknown said...

I love the sweatshirt! The back is so fun.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure