}
Home     About     Contact     shop     Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017     shop my outfits     disclosure                             

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Elegant Dresses for Prom, Weddings, and Formals

Prom, Wedding, and Formal dress ideas!


With prom, wedding, and formal season right around the corner, I am rounding up my favorite cocktail attire and gowns for any of these ocassions! I have received quite a few e-mails from readers asking what my favorites are! Most dresses that I am sharing today are classics that can be worn for more than one ocassion. I included a few others that are a little fun/ more trendy for those that are looking to mix it up, too! 









My biggest suggestion with looking your best for a formal ocassion is having your dress/gown tailored exactly to your body. A well-fitted dress makes a world of a difference and can really breathe life into a dress you may have otherwise discounted while shopping! 

I also suggest keeping things simple. Stick to classic silhouettes, avoid crazy colors (like neon), avoid glitter/sparkles/rhinestones, and avoid crazy patterns/prints that take away from your natural beauty! I know crop tops, cutouts, etc. are very 'in' right now, but when you look back 10 years from now, you don't want to think 'what on earth was I wearing?!' Trying to keep things simple and classic will have you looking back on photos from your special ocassion and not cringing!

My favorite special ocassion shoes/accessories:
Do you have a special ocassion coming up? What are you wearing? 

3 comments:

Poshnessary com said...

Wow great dresses!!

Kisses from www.poshnessary.com

Kathryn Byers said...

These are all such stunning options!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Lauren said...

Love the top two! Beautiful selection!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com