Monday, February 8, 2016

The Barbour Look for Less

The Barbour Jacket Look for Less

My Barbour jacket definitely makes my 'best purchases ever' list. It also makes my 'closet staple list', my 'favorite pieces' list, shall I go on? Needless to say, I. Love. My. Barbour. Jacket. I have the classic Beadnell in olive but also have the Land Rover x Barbour jacket in sage (sold out). I love them both. They're timeless, casual, but also have a quiet elegance about them. 

Barbour is not an inexpensive brand, but for good reason. Their pieces are meticulously made and are meant to last a lifetime. If you are in the market for a Barbour jacket and it is your first one, my suggestion is to go with the Barbour Beadnell in olive. This is the classic jacket that you see on pretty much everyone. The olive color is the true classic Barbour 'green' and the classic plaid only comes with the olive. 

However, if you aren't ready to take the $400+ plunge, there are still some other great options that are well under that hefty price tag! With spring just around the corner (the groundhog said so!!), I've pulled some of my favorites that seem to be the most comparable. Scroll through the above widget to check them out! Are you a Barbour fan?!

6 comments:

Just Jess said...

I love my J.Crew Downtown Field Jacket and recommend it all the time! Jess at Just Jess

Laura said...

A classic Beadnell is on my closet wishlist currently! I have the quilted jacket by Barbour and I love it, I will eventually take the plunge and get the Beadnell! Love these other options as well!

Laura | Laura Aime Vous

Anonymous said...

This is perfect for this time of year! I have always loved the look of Barbour, but shudder at the thought of spending so much on a seasonal jacket. So, this post is truly helpful. Thx! -KLV in PHL

Lauren said...

They are such a great brand!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Piper Ellice said...

I have the L.L. Bean in red and it's wonderful!

startingsouthern.blogspot.com

Tammy B said...

I have the man's Barbour Liddesdale in quilted olive and love it. It is perfect for a chilly Alabama day. I chose the man's because I wanted it to cover my hips.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure