Monday, May 16, 2016

Classic Preppy Style

lacoste polo and madras shorts

lacoste polo and ray ban clubmaster sunglasses

preppy outfit with lacoste polo and madras shorts and jack purcell tennis shoes

preppy women's outfit

madras shorts and cartier tank watch and monogrammed signet ring

classic preppy style with madras shorts and lacoste polo

If I'm being completely honest, I really don't like shorts. In the summertime, I'd much rather be in a dress, skirt, or white jeans... I just find them to be more comfortable and even more flattering. Yet somehow, I have so many pairs of shorts. I think it's because in college, that's pretty much all I wore! I do, however, LOVE madras plaid. Preppy style used to be 'in' a few years ago and madras plaid was a dime and dozen. Now that it has left mainstream once again, it's really hard to find a great piece of madras clothing. As soon as I saw these madras plaid shorts, I scooped them up! They're a classic and super casual but still look put together. You probably could have seen someone wearing this exact outfit back in the 80's and it still looks great in 2016! The shorts are definitely something I will wear often and have for years to come! They run true to size (I am in a size 4) and they are currently 25% off (today is the last day) using code SHOPNOW making them less than $55! 

I love a good polo shirt. Most of mine have seen better days since I wore them repeatedly throughout high school and college, so I decided to add a few to my closet. I love this one. It's classic and a great fit. The reviews said to size up, so I ordered a size 38 and I love the relaxed fit. I also got the classic green shade (which is on sale!!) and can't wait to wear it with a white skirt and my Stan Smiths

I wore this outfit the weekend before I moved. All my clothes were packed away and I had just gotten this package, so it was great timing. I had a ton of errands to run, so the sneakers were necessary and I thin, they really completed the 'sporty casual' look. I normally would have worn my hair in a pony, but I was headed to my friend's bridal shower that evening so had already done my hair for the night! 

2 comments:

R's Rue said...

Love.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Love this classic summer look!

Lauren,

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure