Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Lace Romper with Wedge Espadrilles and Jean Jacket

jean jacket with white lace romper and soludos wedges

david yurman bracelets with gold signet ring and white lace romper

lace romper and soludos espeadrille wedges

david yurman bracelets and white lace romper

white lace romper and ray ban aviator sunglasses

white lace romper and soludos wedges

Jean Jacket (under $100)// Lace Romper 
Every once in a while, I'll step out of my 'typical' style. This time is one of them. I wore a lot of rompers in college because they were easy and that was when they were really coming 'in' to style.

 Every once in a while, I'll come across a romper I love. But truthfully, I avoid them because sometimes I think they can come across as too young, or ill-fitting, or just plain ugly.... also, if you've ever worn a romper, you know how annoying it is to go to the bathroom, haha! However, I saw this romper online, and loved it so much, I decided to give it a chance. Since I typically dress more mature and conservatively, my wardrobe is often lacking more fun, young pieces for nighttime wear. I am often looking for more age appropriate pieces I can wear out at night on the weekends to dinner/bars in the city and I really think that this piece fits the bill. 

When I received it, I was blown away with the quality. Because of the lace, it looks very delicate, but the romper is actually very structured in the way it fits. I got a size small and it literally fits like it was made exactly for me! At just around $100, this romper is something I will reach for again and again during the summertime. I am so glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone to try something different! The first time I wore this romper, I got so many compliments, which made me even more excited to wear it again! 

To complete the look, I threw on my favorite, most comfortable wedge espadrilles  (4 color options, they run true to size!) and brought along a jean jacket in case it got chilly and was ready to head out for the night with my girlfriends! We started off the night at Bakersfield (located downtown) with tacos and margaritas! Oh, and if you are wondering, I clearly don't follow the 'no white before Memorial day rule'!  

6 comments:

Brittany said...

This lace romper is so beautiful! I love it. With the cut out back what kind of bra did you wear with it?
-Brittany

Dana said...

Love it, Sydney! I just splurged on a Zimmermann romper and I'm so excited because I don't think I've worn a romper in years! Agreed they're usually a hit or miss. This one looks amazing on you since it can easily be dressed up or down!

Pink Champagne Problems

Renee said...

This look is so adorable! I always have trouble finding fun rompers that I actually like but this one is perfect because it's fun but still a classic.

Renee // Gimme Glamour

Love Libbie Blog said...

I love love love this romper! I ended up purchasing it for my bachelorette weekend this upcoming weekend! I'm with you in that I tend to dress more conservatively; so I was so excited to find this. Thanks!

Unknown said...

This lace romper is stunning!!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Unknown said...

You looks absolutely darling in that romper!! And I love that you paired it with a darker jean jacket to compliment the white print-it works so great!!

http://livelifefullyalive.com/

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure