Thursday, July 7, 2016

Lately 7/7/2016


Wearing: I have been wearing this blue printed scarf non-stop lately! I just love all of the blue hues and the intricate pattern. It adds interest to any basic outfit and is great to have on hand for cool nights.I spoke in front of a large audience about Summer Wind and social media last week and the scarf added just the perfect amount of 'punch' that I needed! I also wore it to dinner at the Whitfield at the Ace Hotel when my sorority sister, Alexis was in town.... it really dressed up my navy silk tank and white jeans outfit!

Wearing II: I'll have a full post up about this dress, but I just got it in yesterday and am SO excited about it. You can catch it on Snapchat (SummerWind41490) if watch before 4pm! It's probably the absolute best fitting dress I've ever worn without taking it to a tailor. It's incredibly flattering and the bright colors are the best. It's in a few prints right now. I got this one, but also love this one! For sizing, I am almost always a 2, and this sheath is no different!

Watching: My sister recommended a show on Amazon Prime called Humans. Like Wayward Pines, it's another sci-fi thriller. It's honestly kind of weird but I really like it at the same time. It's about robots that look almost identical to humans and the trouble they cause. If you've ever seen Bicentennial Man, this is like the creepy/thriller version.

Reading: I am so excited because I was featured on the Naturalizer blog! Check it out for an exclusive Q&A that I did with them!

Reading II: Have you heard about Snapchat's latest and greatest roll out?
Wanting: A few things I've had my eye on lately. I actually just got this navy and white striped henley for $12 on sale... It's a boys large, but it will be great to have to lounge around the house or even pair with white jeans.


Drinking: I snapped this pic quickly when I was in the state store the other day. I was shocked to see that they were carrying Etoile! I had this for the fist time at Chandon in Napa and it's fantastic! It's really hard to find, so I was excited to see it in PA!

Traveling: I'll be out of town for the latter half of July traveling! My first stop is to Martha's Vineyard and then I'm off to the lake in Georgia! I'm so excited! I have loved receiving everyone's Martha's Vineyard recommendations, so keep them coming!

Decorating: I finally bought these two pieces of art for above my couch! They won't arrive for a few weeks and then I'll  need to have them framed, but I am slowly checking things off of my list! Now I just need a huge area rug and 'most' will be entirely finished and I'll be able to do the final reveal here on Summer Wind!


Loving: I have been coming across so many look-alikes lately, so I thought I'd share good ones when I come across them since last week's splurge vs. save went over so well! One pair costs over $450, one pair is under $120, and one pair is under $43. So whatever your budget is, these scalloped flats can make an appearance in your wardrobe! These are great 'commuter' flats for getting to work since they are comfortable and match a multitude of professional outfits.  

Quoting: 'If there's even a slight chance at getting something that will make you happy, risk it. Life's too short, and happiness is too rare.'-A.R. Lucas

4 comments:

Just Jess said...

I love that scarf and the scalloped flats! I might need to run to Nordstrom soon! Jess at Just Jess

Christy said...

Ahh LOVE your answer to the question "when do you feel most beautiful"-- totally agree- being "ready" (hair and makeup) but not dressed yet is such a relaxed elegant feel, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Sidney! You are quite the traveler, and I was hoping you could provide and tips or best practices. I get very anxious when flying, and am looking for any suggestions that will help smooth out the process for me. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Love the splurge vs. save feature! Darling black flats.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure