Wednesday, July 27, 2016

What I Wore in Martha's Vineyard and How I Packed

breton striped boatneck dress with jack rogers sandals and illesteva leonard sunglasses
bow tie shoulder romper with tory burch bag at seafood shanty
free people embroidered anouk minidress in edgartown Massachusetts


scar print crepe de chine fit and flare maxi dress on Marthas vineyard


ella moss dress at edgartown lighthouse on marthas vineyard


Today I thought I would share what I wore in Martha's Vineyard now that you've all seen the Like to Know It Takeover! These were the photos that were used, so I've rounded up the pieces right under each photo. 

I love New England weather.  It's usually warm and sunny during the day and 'sweatshirt weather' at night. It's just the best! Luckily, the entire time we were there, the weather was absolute perfection. 

Typically, when I pack for any trip, I stick to a color palette. When I get asked about my 'packing tips', this is always one of the first things I suggest. Sticking to only a few colors makes everything much easier because if you stick to a color palette, you are sure to be able to mix and match. Not to mention, it usually helps me to cut down on the items I bring... and I need all the help I can get because I am a notorious over-packer. 

For this trip (and for most summer trips) I stuck to whites and blues and then mixed in accessories from there. In the winter, I usually will go with all black and then add in pops here and there with accessories/handbags/etc. Not only is it easy to mix and match, but I always spill on myself (the worst is wearing white with morning coffee), so it's always good to be able to change out my top/shorts/ etc. if that happens! 

To cut down on the 'stuff' I bring, I really limit shoes and handbags. I knew we were going to be doing a ton of walking on this trip, so I was sure to pack my most comfortable shoes. I ended up only bringing two pairs, which are my go-to summer shoes. These wedges and these flat sandals are my favorite and definitely my most-worn shoes! I limited it to two bags, too. One that matched pretty much everything and then one for a pop of color

4 comments:

Dana said...

Congrats on your LTK takeover! It was so fun! Love your packing tips too - never thought about sticking to a palette!

Pink Champagne Problems

Lauren said...

I'm usually not a fan of rompers but I love the one you are wearing in this post! Sounds like a fun trip!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Belle On Trend said...

Your maxi dress is sooo beautiful! I love it! I hope you had an amazing trip.
xxoo
Mary
www.BelleOnTrend.com

Anonymous said...

Love the large compas tote in the photo. Where could I find it?

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure