Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Yellow Ruffled Drop-waist Dress

H&M Yellow Satin Ruffle Hem Dress with Steve Madden sandals and Tuckernuck tassel earrings

avon bracelet cuff and kayu clutch

lisi lerch tassel earrings available at design darling and tuckernuck

strappy back ruffled yellow dress


Dress (under $50)// Heeled Sandals// Clutch

Turquoise Earrings// Sunglasses// Bracelet Cuff c/o

Did you know that I love yellow dresses? Ok, ok, so it's no secret. I mean, did you catch last week's post? If you didn't, I will catch you up. For the longest time, I avoided most shades of yellow, but lately, I have been turning to this cheery hue for lots of cocktail events. I love that it shows off a great summer tan and that it is also bright and fun, too!

Typically, when I purchase a 'fancier' dress, I have a certain event in mind for the dress. However, I saw this cute little yellow cocktail dress and decided to just go for it. I had no event in mind, but at just under $50, I figured, why not! I took a look at my calendar and figured out I actually have two weddings coming up that will be perfect for this dress!

The fit is an a-line style with a drop waist and ruffled hem. The sizing is very off on this dress. For reference, I am wearing 2 sizes up from my normal size and I'd suggest that for anyone else, too. It's also short, which I don't mind, but could possibly be an issue if you are taller than average (I'm 5'6" for reference). My favorite part is that the front is very conservative and cute, but the strappy back makes it interesting and less 'bland' than a typical a-line style dress!

I also need to give a quick shout out to these shoes. I know I've written a lot about them in past posts, but they have gotten me through several weddings and other dressy events in the past few months, and they are the best (especially for being so inexpensive!). The block heel makes it so easy and comfortable to dance in-- and let's be honest, I'm always on the dance floor! For the longest time, they were only offered in the tan suede as seen on me, however, they are now offered in many other colors and offered in a shorter heelIvanka Trump and Vince Camuto are two other brands that offer similar styles and more color options, too.

4 comments:

Maria Abad said...

Love how the blue earrings make a great contrast with the mellow yellow dress. You look adorable! The dress has the perfect looseness, flirty side and twirl perfection.
XO,
Maria
MariaOnPoint http://mariaonpoint.com/ | Find me on IG https://www.instagram.com/mariajabad/

Dana said...

You look STUNNING in this dress! I love the silhouette!

Pink Champagne Problems

Unknown said...

Cute outfit, love the lemon dress. Sophie x

sophiehmstewart.com

Unknown said...

How darling! I especially love the back.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure