Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Closet Basics: The White Tee (under $10!)

white tee and dark wash skinny jeans outfit inspo

cartier tank watch and monogrammed signet pinky ring

mark and graham monogrammed leather bucket bag

true religion halle skinny jeans

talbots mira ballet flats

old navy boyfriend tee


old navy boyfriend tee and true religion halle skinny jeans
Boyfriend Tee (just $6!!!!!)// Dark Wash Skinny Jeans
Red Suede Flats (on sale under $100, comes in 7 color options)
Over the past few months, I've gotten a lot of requests to share some more casual outfits. To be honest, I typically 'dress up'. That's just my nature and what I'm drawn to. However, every once in a while, I will wear a super casual outfit. Case in point: today's post! There is nothing more classic and simple than dark wash skinny jeans, a crisp white tee shirt and ballet flats. It's so effortless but it still looks put together. Not to mention, it's beyond comfortable. It's a great off-duty/weekend look and the perfect thing for fall (especially since it's really easy to layer sweaters/jackets over top). 

Every time I switch my closets over (aka every fall/spring), I always make sure to meticulously go through each piece and get rid of the things I no longer wear. But, on top of that, I also inspect things that get a lot of wear and assess whether or not they need to be replaced. 

I typically go by the idea of spending more on your classics/staple items so they last longer. However, with tees, especially white tees, I always try to save as much as possible. In my opinion, there is no sense in spending $50+ on tee shirts you are likely to be wearing under sweaters or on weekend errand runs. I found SO many great options (I literally tried every single style on) and they are all under $10. My favorite, the boyfriend style, is currently on sale for just $6! I ended up purchasing 11 different tees and my total was under $70! I'm now stocked and ready for the fall season! 

My second favorite tee was this long sleeved tunic. I got it in the blush, the black, and the gray. I think the black tunic will look super sleek and chic when paired with black leggings and a Patagonia vest for weekends or commuting to yoga (I only have to walk two blocks, now!). The blush and and the gray versions I got for just lounging around at home.

Do you have a go-to tee shirt that is affordable?  If so, share your resources in the comment below for others to check out (and for me!!).

3 comments:

Patty said...

You are just beautiful. You are so full of life and I love it. Thank you for sharing your world with the blogger community. I am 49, but oh would I love to be you. I am 2 hrs. from Pittsburgh and it's so good to hear your recommendations for restaurants.

Lauren said...

I have to admit I usually gravitate to 'dressing up' as well but I definitely agree - dark skinny jeans and a white shirt is definitely a win for a casual outfit!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Unknown said...

Casual pieces are everything! And what a steal for this tee!!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure