Monday, August 29, 2016

Easy Summer to Fall Transitional Outfit




Cap-toe Slingbacks (also available Here, Here, Here, Here
You know my favorite leather pleated skirt from last year? The one I wore in about a billion blog posts (proof here, here, here, here).... well, this year it came out in a burgundy shade and I fell in love, again. This shade of deep red, sometimes almost purple, is everywhere for fall. I don't typically look great in the color, so I avoid tops in this shade, however, I love adding a dose of this cabernet shade with skirts/accessories, etc. 

This sweater tank, (super affordable) pleated skirt, and cap-toe shoes are all pieces you can wear right now and well into fall/winter. I plan on wearing the sweater tank under a blazer as the temps dip, and the skirt with sweaters and tights/booties. The shoes are totally a neutral, super comfortable, and can be worn work-to-play! But, paired together, these pieces still keep me cool in the still-warm weather but the colors give a hint of autumn's arrival! 

As for sizing, the sweater tank runs big. I sized down from a usual small to an x-small and the skirt I am wearing a size 2. 
Shoes run slightly small, I usually would go for an 8, but sized up to an 8.5 in these! The shoes are the pair that I talked about a few weeks ago. They're such a great dupe for the $1200 Chanel pair! I've also included some other pairs that are available on other retailers and similar styles. View them by scrolling through the widget above!

4 comments:

petiteinherheels said...

I love sweater tanks this is so cute!
Xo, Kelsey
petiteinherpearls.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I already have these shoes and I can't wait to wear them. I am ordering this sweater ASAP. Such a cute post! Your blog is so effortless (although I am sure it takes much more work behind the scenes)! Keep up the great work!

Belle On Trend said...

OMG, I tried on that skirt at J. Crew and absolutely loved it. Waiting for a 30% off sale! haha! Totally was inspired by your black pleated one from last year.

xxoo
Mary
www.BelleOnTrend.com

MaggieMcCurdy said...

I have this skirt from last fall in both the navy and the black. I LOVE them and find that I wear them much more than I anticipated! I was so excited when I saw it in the cabernet as it is a color that doesn't tend to work well with my complexion either!

Also, thrilled to see this sweater tank styled, I have had it saved in my shopping cart but haven't purchased yet. Love the look of it here!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure