Thursday, August 4, 2016

Lately 8/6/2016


Wearing: One of my go-to classic gold bracelets is included in the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Yes, it's still going on and is through the 7th! 

Wanting: I'm starting to get fall fever. It happens for me around this time each year. I think it's the back-to-school vibes everywhere around town as well as being back from vacation and retailers pushing fall merchandise. I've found a mix of fall and summer items-- a lot of them are items that are very transitional so you get more bang for your buck!

Social Media-ing: Yeah, I totally made this category up for today's post, but who's tried out Instagram Stories?! I have and I don't mind it. Normally I hate when social media outlets introduce new functions/apps because it's just another thing to keep up with. But now, instead of switching back and forth from Snapchat to Instagram, it's all in one place, which I kind of like. However, Snapchat just seems a little more 'private' (which it's not, but it 'feels' like it) and I like that. I'm interested to see how this plays out-- will it be the Next Google+ (aka a flop) or takeover Snapchat? Now Apple just needs to get on board with longer battery life for all of this video content streaming and Verizon with much larger data plans ;).

Watching: I was SO upset when Paramount Pictures dropped The Little Prince from coming out back in March in the US. It premiered in France last year and I have been SO excited about this movie. I am absolutely obsessed with the book... the lessons and quotes are so simple yet so profound at the same time. The quotes are my favorite part. Quotes like, 'You-you alone will have the stars as no one else has them.', 'What is essential is invisible to the eye.' It will be great to see this film in action with such an all-star cast and the stellar soundtrack by Hans Zimmer. It's out on Netflix tomorrow!!

Recommending: This hair oil by Dessange is THE BEST. It is seriously the best hair product I've ever tried (and I've tried a lot). It smells wonderful (warm and spicy) and blends throughout my hair so nicely. I put it on damp hair and then use a squirt when my hair is styled to keep it from frizzing in this August heat! I could not recommend this product more!

Loving: Barbour x Wedgewood. I am a huge fan of these brands. I have several Barbour jackets and my china is also Wedgewood, so to say I am thrilled with this collaboration is an understatement. You can preorder here for the September 1st launch. Spoiler alert: The hooded jacket is REVERSIBLE!!

Drinking: Marietta Cabernet Sauvignon. I had this while on vacation and it is SO good. Can definitely hold its own against much pricier bottles. I think it's only around $20-$25ish!

Eating: I went over to my friend Dani's apartment for the Bachelorette finale on Monday night. She put out a gorgeous spread for us to munch on as we watched with a glass of bubbly. Besides being a great night with friends, she had these fig and olive crackers and triple creme brie. The combo was AMAZING. I went out the next day to buy both to have on hand for hosting! 

Reading: This one is a no-brainer. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I just got the book and can't wait to crack it open and start reading!!


Listening: This song is on repeat for me. It's so upbeat and I just love the words, too. Definitely one of those 'kitchen dancing' type songs. I also started my August playlist this week, which I've embedded above so those who do not have Spotify can still listen!

Quoting: 'To become spring means accepting the risk of winter.'- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I am completely smitten with the wedgwood + barbour!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Unknown said...

Oh my GOSH that fig and olive cracker sounds so amazing!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure