Monday, August 15, 2016

Soergel Orchards, Pittsburgh in Banana Republic

A few weekends ago, one of my friends from DC was in town. She used to live in Pittsburgh, so she has already done all of the super Pittsburgh-y things. So we took the opportunity to visit Soergel Orchards with our other friend, her husband and their adorable baby, Capri. 

You'll only understand this next sentence (and the ridiculousness of it) if you are familiar with Pittsburgh: I had never been to Soergels before because I am from the south. In the south, we have Trax Farms, so it was fun to get to head north (what I lovingly refer to as China) and explore.

I haven't been to a farm in a while... really, anytime I visit a farm, it's really a vineyard ;). But after heading to Soergels, I am sure I will be going much more often-- and especially in the fall for apple picking and pumpkins! Not only was I in great company, but the weather was warm and sunny. Soergels had a large market, gorgeous florals, a cute gift shop, ice cream, and tons of other treats. But the real star? They have their own cozy little Arsenal Cider House! I've visited Arsenal in Lawrenceville several times and love it. The atmosphere is like a ski lodge meets a cozy western town and the cider is off the charts.

We sat in the cider house for a while and then moseyed on over to the gift shop. I typically find gift shops to be stupid or tacky, but this was adorable and so well done (kind of like the gift shop at Keeneland if you have ever been). Then, we headed to the market and bought the most delicious watermelon ever. All in all, it was such a fun afternoon doing something out of the ordinary and spending time with great friends!

Now onto what I wore. I wore this great little lace tank and silk pleated skirt. Since it was hot, this outfit was nice and lightweight, and the little red flats were comfortable for traipsing all over the farm! I think everything I am wearing makes for great transitional pieces because of their colors and textures. I say this time and time again, but Banana Republic never fails me. Every time I walk in, I always leave with something to add to my closet. Their pieces are the perfect mix of classic wardrobe staples and on-trend items. The price point is always affordable and the quality never dissapoints! While the pieces I picked up are great for right now, I can't wait to wear the skirt with a chunky sweater and booties or the lace tank under a blazer as the temps start to cool down (will it ever cool down?!). 

5 comments:

Ellen | A Pop of Pink said...

My roommates and I visited their pumpkin patch my senior year of college. It was so much fun! And we loved the wine tasting and the market.

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

Annsterw said...

I too am a Trax girl! Love it there! Cant wait until it is Pumpkin time!

Unknown said...

Love the pops of red! Just gorgeous!

Briana
www.beyoutifulbrunette.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Banana Republic is killing it lately!!

Her Heartland Soul
herheartlandsoul.com

Unknown said...

Obsessed with this look! Very patriotic.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure