Friday, September 9, 2016

Leopard Print Ivy Top and White Pants After Labor Day

ivanka trump liah pump and paige verdugo jeans

laroque ivy top charleston



lisi lerch tassel earrings available at tuckernuck



laroque ivy top

LaRoque Ivy Top c/o// White Jeans (my favorite of all time, on sale under $100!!)

First of all, I have to share a story that goes with this outfit. It's kind of funny/so small world. A few years ago, a friend from James Madison put me in touch with his younger sister. She works at LaRoque in Charleston which is the absolute cutest boutique that makes gorgeous clothing and even custom pieces. Anna and I have e-mailed back and forth for a while.
Pic via Anna's Instagram
While I was in Napa back in May, my friend Lyle texted me because his girlfriend (who is a sorority sister of mine!) had told him that he and I had Snapchatted the same dog outside of Bouchon in Yountville. It turns out we were both in Napa/San Francisco around the exact same time! We tried to meet up, but it didn't work out. But wouldn't you know, I'm sitting at Mumm and we see Lyle and his family and his sister, Anna! I finally got to meet her and chat. What are the chances, right? I just love when things like that happen! 

So anyway, Anna texted me with the new LaRoque arrivals and as soon as I saw this leopard Ivy top, I fell in love! The Ivy top is something they come out with in different colors/prints each season It's SO flattering and gorgeous. I love that you can wear it casually as I have done in the outfit photos above, but also love that you can really glam it up if you want! I plan on wearing it out in the fall/winter with black leather leggings, pumps and tassel earrings! If you are loving the leopard print as much as I am, it also comes in an off the shoulder style as well as a gorgeous dress! I also love the solid colored Ivy tops because I think they would make amazing game day tops for those who get dressed up for football games (and I love the red and green for around the holidays!). 

I wore this outfit on a Sunday evening. My parents met me downtown and we walked over to my favorite restaurant, Tako, for dinner! It had been raining all weekend, so it had become a little chilly. This was such a great outfit for the lower temperature, and also a great way to continue to wear white pants past Labor Day without it looking too summery! Speaking of white pants, these are my absolute favorite. I know you've seen them all throughout this summer and I have sung their praises many times before. They are currently on sale under $100, so now is the time to go for them! Especially because the original price is $189... a really good deal! As for sizing, they run true to size, I am wearing a size 27.

I've also tracked down a few places where you can find my shoes that I am wearing. They are sold out at Nordstrom, but there are a few other retailers that are carrying them. Some have full size runs and others are down to just one size! But I couldn't recommend them more. I feel so chic and ladylike when I wear them and they are beyond comfortable! 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That top is so cute and good for you rocking the white after Labor Day! Love the outfit!

Ashley // MyWellDressedLife.com

Lauren said...

That top is pretty much perfect!!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Unknown said...

What a fabulous top!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure