Monday, November 7, 2016

How to Style Corduroys: Camel and Burgundy Fall Outfit









Corduroys (on sale!)// Booties (similar)
I love corduroy pants. It's like Friday's post-- it's a nod to the late 80's/early 90's preppy style. I have three pairs of wide wale corduroys from Ralph Lauren's Rugby line (RIP). They're some of my favorite pants and wide wale cords for women are almost impossible to find. With the velvet trend going strong right now, cords have become easy to find (I think of them as basically ribbed velvet!). 

I've had these cords since last year and bought them in practically every color. The fit is incredible and they're extremely comfortable (and on sale, too!). I always get compliments on the fit and color, too. They're a great alternative to jeans-- especially because when winter rolls around, I always find myself wearing jeans day-to-day. Having these to break up the monotony of jeans is great!

This cashmere sweater is another go-to item in my closet. I have it in several colors and they fit like a dream. The cashmere is quality and I love the slight boat neck and three-quarter length sleeves. 

I've been doing a lot of monochromatic looks lately, too. I think it looks so sleek and classic. I loved that I had this suede jacket that almost identically matches the camel shade of my sweater! While black on black has been a go-to monochromatic look for me lately, I still find myself trying to find other shades to pair together in my closet. Another favorite is navy on navy!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Love these pictures and your outfit!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

guibaimao said...

you have excellent photos!

XX

feel

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure