Tuesday, February 21, 2017

How to Style A White Skirt in the Winter

Sunglasses// Red Gloves// Burberry Scarf (similar)// Tights (these are my fave!)
Booties (old, similar, similar)// Faux Fur Vest (on sale)

We're just about done with the worst of winter (cue the happy tears) and there's a light at the end of the tunnel (especially after the gorgeously sunny and warm weather this weekend!). I got this white skirt at the beginning of the winter and can't believe how much wear I have gotten out of it! 

When you think of a bright white skirt, you may think that it is only appropriate during the summer months, but I think there's something so chic about incorporating white into your winter wardrobe. This skirt is well made and gorgeous in person (runs TTS, I'm in a size 2). Plus, the fit is adorable with the slight fit and flare shape. I know I'll get a ton of wear this summer, too (with navy tops!). I'm all about pieces that can transition through all of the seasons because that's really how you get your money's worth!

The key to winterizing a warm weather piece is to make it as simple as possible. When you have too many colors and textures going on, the piece really becomes noticeably out of place. However, if you stick to a simple color palette and the let warm weather piece be the key feature, it looks great!

Also, right now is the time to shop winter items because they are all on major sale. I love this faux fur vest (on sale) and it paired so nicely with this outfit. The length hits exactly where my skirt ends so it looks very chic and put together. I also love it with leggings and a blouse-y top!

5 comments:

Around Colours said...

That's such a gorgeous skirt! Fashion week in my city is almost here and I've been much more attentive and trying to find inspiration on what to wear to it and your look really inspired me.

Marta - www.aroundcolours.blogspot.com

Dana said...

I LOVE this look, Sydney! That pop of white is so refreshing!

Pink Champagne Problems

Unknown said...

Love the fur coat!

www.thestyleventure.com

Rachael Alexis said...

I am a huge huge fan of winter whites. I love how crisp a pair of white jeans can look with a cable knit sweater, especially in navy!

XOXO Rachael
http://aduchessandablog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

You look fabulous! I'm loving your red gloves.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure