Thursday, May 25, 2017

Lately 5/25/2017

social house 7 pittsburgh

engagement party in pittsburgh
What a week it has been! I've been at the Omni Bedford Springs and it has been nothing short of wonderful! I've been spending the time with my friends Aly (brunette in the photos above) and Dani (blonde in the photos above)! Aly just got engaged last weekend and we are all SO excited!!!! It was so hard to keep the secret- I had known for over a month, but she was so surprised and all was a success! These are two snaps from last weekend where we celebrated at Social House! 

This post is going to have a few more photos than usual- I've been getting better at snapping photos here and there of my weekly life! I hope to give you guys a little more insight each week if I can remember to keep snapping away! 

KEP Designs earrings and hazen necklace
Loving: So much love this week! I can't get over all of the gorgeous bright jewelry that has been coming out for summer! I typically wear the same, subtle classic pieces of jewelry every day, but once in a while, I love to mix it up (especially in the summertime!). I love these earrings from KEP Designs and this lapis necklace from Hazen (and omg check out the pearl one, too!!). I've been a fan of KEP Designs for years but Hazen is a new-to-me jewelry brand out of Dallas!

rodial nip and fab product review

Loving II: I was sent these Rodial Nip and Fab products to test out and I was really curious to try them out because they are so different than any other products I have used! My favorite out of all 4 is the glycolic pads. I'm a huge fan of glycolic acid and use it daily by various different brands. These pads are really great and gentle enough to use daily and they're also a lot less pricey than some other glycolic products out there! The bee sting products had me a little nervous at first. You need to put a small bit on your skin to do a patch test to see if you are allergic at first (so you need to be really careful about this). I was totally fine. I didn't see a major difference after a few weeks, but they also didn't make me break out or anything negative, either! Dragon's blood is hyaluronic acid... this is one of the few acids I haven't had much experience with so I was excited about this and it really does work well to keep skin hydrated. I would say it compares to the type of moisture you get from your everyday moisturizer, but it's lightweight once it sinks into your skin. You could definitely wear this under makeup (and what I do!).

Loving III:  So much love this week! I would not spend this much on a dress, but can we talk about major dress goals? The front is timeless and classic, but the back has a bit of a trendy twist (#partyintheback). Wow.

Wanting: You guys, this little lounge set is so not me. But, I really want it. It seems a bit overpriced for what it is, so that's what has held me off, but how COMFORTABLE does that look?! Thoughts???

Sale-ing Nordstrom's Half-Yearly sale is going on so you can get up to 40% off on some of the things you have been eyeing! I really love:

I'll be back with more favorites in my Saturday Shopping (there are 208 pages, so I am really making sure to go through each and every page and only pull the good stuff for you all!). The sale goes through June 4th, so you have a little while to shop... luckily, for this sale, the sizes don't run out as quickly as the anniversary sale! 


naturoll creamery lawrenceville
Pittsburgh-ing: A few weeks ago, I went to NatuRoll Creamery in Lawrenceville and it was SO good. If you aren't familiar, it's just like 10 Below (in NYC)! You first pick your ice cream flavor (choc or vanilla) and then your toppings. They mush it all up (kind of like at Cold Stone) and then spread it out and let it freeze up and then roll it up. I got the s'mores and it was amazing. Couldn't recommend it enough. The portions are absolutely huge, so you could definitely share!

Watching: I LOVE Chance the Rapper. I am SO sad I had to miss his concert this past Saturday in Pittsburgh but this video is AMAZE. It's a must watch if you love Chance!!

Listening: You guys, I am DYING over this. Stevie Nicks + Harry Styles singing Landslide. Like, I really can't even. It's arguably one of the best songs of all time, and I have had the biggest crush on Harry Styles for forever... It's SO good. They also did Harry's latest, Two Ghosts, which is so good.

Quoting: 'No one is you and that is your power.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I have seen that ice cream all over instagram and it looks delicious! Congratulations to your friends and I love the extra pictures!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure