Thursday, June 22, 2017

Lately 6/22/2017

What a week, what a week! Our flight from Boston to Pittsburgh got cancelled, so I have had a much shorter week than anticipated. I've tried to fit in as much as I can to get caught up, but I'm still working on my e-mails... hopefully I'll be back up to speed by the weekend. 

I have no set plans, except I am being interviewed for a podcast on Saturday evening. That should be fun and something new and exciting! I'm headed to a concert tomorrow night.... we are going to pack a picnic to tailgate, and then it is looking like warm weather and sun all weekend so I plan on getting my tan on at the club! 

Wearing/Drinking: I wore this gorgeous dress to dinner at Galley Beach on Nantucket and it was just the absolute perfect thing! I also ordered a new-to-me drink: the last word, which is a Hendrick's gin based drink that was delicious! It's gin, green Chartreuse, maraschino liqueur, and freshly pressed lime juice. Delicious!

Reading: This article about Amazon's purchase of Whole Foods. Lower prices, anyone? YES! It's also interesting because it makes a good point: you don't think of tech innovations in relation to supermarkets, but it seems like Amazon will be changing that! 

Traveling: I have Nantucket and Boston recaps coming soon, so keep an eye out for those! 

Watching: You guys, I've been waiting for this day for FOREVER. Father of the Bride is FINALLY on Amazon Video. It's my #1 favorite movie of all time. I have it on DVD, but don't have a DVD player, so I've haven't seen it in a while. But I finally was able to buy it on Amazon to have in my cloud forever and I am SO EXCITED. 

Watching II: This iPhone commercial is so cute and very well done!

Watching III: Excited to watch this new Netflix series, Friends From College premiering in July! 

Wanting: It's no secret I have a thing for sweaters... this is very expensive sweater but I am obsessed. Wouldn't it be so dreamy to lounge in?! I'm also loving these super affordable pearl embellished slides. They're slightly trendy so not sure they are something I'd spend a ton of money on! My favorite affordable denim brand came out with a distressed boyfriend-style jean and I am really anxious to try them out! Also really interested in this illuminator and this blush- they look like the perfect colors to go with sun-kissed skin!

Loving: New emojis just released-update your phones! There aren't any super super fun ones in my opinion, but it's always fun to get a few new ones to use! 

Loving II: I bought these loafers as a gift and they are so sharp looking. Great quality for the price, too! 

Listening: You guys, I've been in a total music rut. I realize I never shared my June playlist with you all because it's about as lame as it gets: 5 songs. I'll do better next month, I promise! In the meantime, I've been listening to a ton of Van Morrison. I can't get enough. This is a great playlist if you love Van Morrison, too. 

Quoting: 'All of the love in the world doesn't seem to matter, if it isn't the kind you want from the person you need.'- Jessica Katoff// See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

mlb said...

These are my favorite posts!!! Thank you!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure