Friday, August 18, 2017

Great Transitional Piece: Ruffle Shirt







Lip Balm (in berry)// Chanel Ballet Flats (similar)
Happy happy Friday! Is it just me or did this week absolutely FLY by?! I was super productive this week in both work as well as cleaning up around the house/getting things done. I also went to a new-to-me restaurant, Twelve BBQ. It's located in the Southside, which is a place I don't really frequent, but boy was it worth the trip. The food is fantastic and the atmosphere is lively and adorable. I can't wait to go back! 

Tonight I am headed to an early happy hour at one of my Pittsburgh favorites and I also have a Sunday Funday planned! Here's to hoping the rain holds off! Next week is SLOW for me in terms of meetings/appointments/etc. so I really hope to use that time to get super organized and also get ahead! 

Now onto today's outfit! I wasn't so sure about this shirt online, but when I saw the beautiful bright blue color in stores, I knew I had to at least try it on. Sure enough, it was a winner. I wear a lot of button downs during the fall season and I loved that this was a bit of a funky take on a classic button down. The lack of collar makes it a little less dressy/formal and the ruffle adds some fun and whimsy. 

Since I'm totally one of those people that has to wear their newest purchases *immediately* (anyone else?!), I paired it with these white shorts I got this past spring. They're stretchy and super comfortable. My favorite thing in the later summer and early fall is rock shorts and pair it with a long sleeve top/sweater/sweatshirt. Honestly, I would wear an outfit like that every single day if the weather permitted.

Has anyone else checked out the other J.Crew new arrivals? I've been loving what they have been releasing the past few months and the newest arrivals are just as good! I'm particularly smitten over these deep emerald velvet pumps and this navy and white rollneck sweater

More J.Crew New Arrivals I Love:


3 comments:

Laura Baker Busic said...

Shorts with long sleeves is my favorite combo too! And blue and white stripes... An insurmountable classic!

Casey said...

I think the shirt would look better sans ruffle. The placement is all wrong.

Unknown said...

This is such a cute look! Love that top girl! Also, may I ask what kind of cameras you use!? I am trying to find a good one but there are sooo many!! 😩

www.simplystylish.blog

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure