Wednesday, August 16, 2017

What to Wear to a Late-Summer Wedding

lilly pulitzer junie dress
 lilly pulitzer junie dress


tuckernuck straw half moon clutch


les bon bons earrings

how to style a lilly pulitzer dress
Junie Shift Dress (available in 3 colors)// Heeled Sandals (available in 14 colors)
Lip Color (in 006 Berry)// Bubble Earrings 
Shop the Look:
Is it just me or do you still have a few weddings left on your calendar for the year? I even have one in December, so looking forward to all of them!

Anyway, I think that August/September weddings are kind of hard to dress for. It's most likely still super hot, and also still somewhat summery- especially August and the earlier half of September.

My take on dressing for a wedding during that time period? Go for something with a punch of color! While I try to avoid things like seersucker or bright prints, I think a pop of color is a really great way to still feel summery without being over the top!

I'm a huge fan of the Junie dress that I am wearing in the photos above. It comes in three bright colors- one is more subdued in navy (great for later September/October weddings), though, and the gold embroidery detail is stunning. The fabric also has a beautiful texture to it making it look luxe!

I am wearing a size 2- it runs true to size and really has a great form-fitting silhouette. I paired it with my go-to summer clutch (under $40), neutral sandals (under $100), and minimal jewelry to really let the dress be the showstopper.

I'm also always sure to bring a wrap. You never know how chilly it might get at night, if the wedding is outside and tented, or if you are in an air conditioned room. This is my go-to cashmere wrap. I bring it everywhere!
 More Lilly Pulitzer Pieces I Love:

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure