Friday, September 22, 2017

Wear to Work: Fall Monochrome Outfit

Wear to Work: Fall Monochrome Outfit







Draped Tank// Pleated Midi Skirt (both pieces under $100 and come in other colors)
Quilted Bag// Sunglasses// Nail polish is OPI I've Got the Blues for Red
Shop the Look:

The weather has been so odd lately. We finished August and started September with cool weather- the type of weather we typically see in October.... and I loved that so much. But, just yesterday, it was HOT. Almost 90 degrees and it seems as though it's going to stay like that for a little while. Ick. 

I've been sharing a lot of very fall outfits- like sweaters/heavy pieces that a lot of you in more southern regions probably wouldn't be able to wear for a long while. So, I wanted to share a way that you can incorporate a fall palette, while still keeping cool in the 80+ degree weather. It also happens to be a very perfect wear-to-work outfit and each piece is under $100, too!

You know me and my love for monochrome outfits and my sudden obsession with burgundy (merlot, crimson, claret, dark cherry... whatever you want to call this deep red hue). So this is combining my favorite fall color and my favorite way to wear a color all in one! This top + skirt combo could easily be a dress, but it's likely less pricey than you might pay for a dress AND you can wear these pieces separately for very different looks and occasions.

The pleated skirt runs big, I definitely suggest sizing down as does the top. I can really see myself rocking a velvet tee (also like this one) with this pleated skirt around the holidays, too! Both pieces are from Nordstrom- a go-to retailer for me as you all know! Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. 
More Burgundy Pieces I Love:

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You look so good in that color!!!!!! Love!

Kendall said...

I am adding this outfit to my wishlist! I can see myself wearing this outfit to work all Autumn long!

Andy said...

Nice post ! :) You look beautiful

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure