Friday, October 20, 2017

Under $100: Camel and Black Outfit for Fall









Camel Sweater (under $100, also in gray)// Black Jeans

Shop the Look:
I can't believe I haven't done a simple outfit post in almost a month! I know a lot of you have been asking for it! It's a tough line between trying to include some non-style content, including both, and doing personal posts... there are only so many days in the week, ha!

Today I'm sharing this really cute and casual black and camel outfit. Both the sweater and the black jeans are under $100 each. Camel and black is one of my absolute favorite combos during the fall and winter months. I find it to be very chic and simple. I have so much black and camel in my winter wardrobe, that it makes it really easy to throw together pieces and mix and match. This is a more casual outfit, but I think it would be a great option for dinner with girlfriends or even a weeknight date!

I have to be real here for a second and talk about some of the 'trends' I am seeing right now. I don't know about you but I'm over the off-the-shoulder and cold-shoulder things. I just don't find them to make any sense as the weather gets cooler. I'm also broad-shouldered, so I think I just personally don't like drawing attention to my shoulders! However, I do love the 'crazy' sleeve trend... but at the same time, I feel like it has gone overboard and I can't find anything without a crazy sleeve!

Which brings me to why I wanted to highlight this camel sweater. I think it combines the 'bell sleeve' trend and 'chunky boyfriend knit' look in a very subtle way. I ordered these pieces from Nordstrom, which, as you all know is one of my favorite retailers.

I wore this outfit on a casual date to Mad Mex (which is a Pittsburgh restaurant) because they now have their famous Gobbleritos. If you haven't had one, you MUST go to Mad Mex and try one immediately. It's basically everything you eat on Thanksgiving stuffed inside a burrito. It's life-changing. But as a disclaimer, you might not want to go on a first date because they're kind of messy and they're huge. So, you want to feel free/comfortable to pig out, hahah! Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own!

See more of my favorites from Nordstrom, here:

3 comments:

Ellen | A Pop of Pink said...

I miss living a block away from Mad Mex in Oakland! My boyfriend loves the Gobblerito. This outfit is gorgeous, Sydney!

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

Laura Baker Busic said...

Right there with you with all of these sweater trends... I think the off-the-shoulder thing is cute, but sometimes I feel like people are stretching shirts over their shoulder that aren't meant to be off-the-shoulder. I also cringe every time I see distressed sweaters, why?! The layered ruffle sleeve thing isn't for me, but I like seeing others style it. One thing I can ALWAYS get behind is camel+black outfits, there's just something so luxe about that combo!

Casey said...

A classy outfit if not for the rips in the jeans.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure